Rust Dissolving liquids?

Isn't there an empty pool somewhere in Connecticut ( @GJS ), to try this?

capital-idea.jpg

I was asking as like Mike mentioned, being at home nursing my thumb is killing me, I'm a do-er not the type to sit around.

Evaporust is on sale so it sparked an idea. I have a lot of small brackets and such and sandblasting is too time consuming for them.

My blasting cabinet has sat idle since I discovered Evapo-Rust....
I got it off a guy for a steal. When I first got it I blasted everything I could get my hands on..

Now I'm looking for options that are less resource consuming as I have one resto half done, one basket case half started and a fairly easy car waiting in the wings

We feed our version to astronauts.

View attachment 192632

But seriously, I've often envisioned a cheapo (or used) swimming pool liner filled with vinegar or one of the more inexpensive liquids underneath a complete car. It would be pulled up around the edges by wires. Car would sit on bare rims to get it as close to the ground as possible; drivetrain, carpet, etc. removed. You'd probably need about 12" in depth to de-rust a subframe, floors and so forth. Maybe throw in some non-porus junk to take up volume. You'd still need a few hundred gallons I'd think.

Problem would be neutralizing it I suppose. Who's gonna try it? Javier? Sounds like a good project for an architect.
I know a company that does this. The front subframe and all the front end sheetmetal for my Windsor was de-rusted there. I have pictures somewhere of the entire shell of a Cuda sitting on the shop floor. It had just come out of the tank.

Techno Strip Ltd.

Back