Sad to see her go!

Dodgy Dick

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Fembers, I want to pay tribute to my Aussie 69 Dodge Phoenix (AKA 69 Fury 111 Sedan) and wanted to say I have sadly needed to sell her on to another Mopar enthusiast.
My 59,000 original miles car was a gem and great joy to drive but my driving years have finally crept up on me, so hence I needed to pass her on to a new owner. She has gone to a good home and sold for Aud 23,000 dollars with some hard to get spares thrown in.
I guess I will continue to visit the C Bodies forum so I don't get too lonely and to keep eye on all your shenanigan's,
Hoo Roo!
Dodgy Dick.
Queensland, Australia

Sometimes it is good to know when to hang up the keys. It’s always better when you can pick who gets it next to enjoy. Right hand (wrong side) drive has always intrigued me. My first work trip to Singapore and Australia in ‘94 was the first time experiencing it. I was 26 years old and had the time of my life for 2-1/2 weeks. I remember when I arrived Singapore, it was around midnight so I was a little tired, a colleague picked me up. I went right to the “passenger side”. I thought he was jus being nice and opened the door for me. I saw the steering wheel about the same time he asked me if I really wanted to drive. Anyway when I got to Australia the last week there they did let me drive from Newcastle to Sydney. I have always enjoyed my trips to Australia and loved the people. It would kind of be fun to have a Holden SS wrong side over here to play with. For some reason I like the looks of that and every time (which isn’t often) I see a Pontiac G8. I think about the Holden.
Stick around and enjoy the site.

Once a C-body guy, always a C-body guy … even when you’re not driving one, or ever drive again. I hope you find your way to this site often.

all the best to you Dodgy Dick.

Back