For Sale SE 69 Ply manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT MINE........
This is a original special edition service manual for all 69 Plymouths. If you have a 69 Ply but no manual, this is a good one to get.

s-l1600.jpg

1969 Plymouth Service Manual "Trouble Shooting Contest" Special Edition

Ok I give, what's so special about this one? What is a "Trouble Shooting Contest"?

Ok I give, what's so special about this one? What is a "Trouble Shooting Contest"?

The only difference is the cover art.
DSC02007 (Medium).JPG
DSC02005 (Medium).JPG

The Plymouth trouble shooting contests pitted promising high school auto shop students against others in a national competition, sponsored by Chrysler Plymouth division.
It was in effect throughout the 60's and into the 70's. similar New Plymouths were "rigged" with 10 different "problems" and the team that found and corrected all 10 in the least time won.
It was a very prestigious contest to win. Trophy's awarded and opportunities offered.

A friend had a fender cover like this one from his participation in the contest.

19268_1_Chrysler%20Troubleshooting%20fender%20cover.jpg

While I was looking for this image, I spotted these... Wow! Wouldn't they be a great piece for your trunk!

19267_1_1968%20Plymouth%20Troubleshooting%20trophy%20toolbox.jpg

tool_box_.jpg

I've never seen the tool boxes, I was an alternate for my HS team in 1964. really cool stuff there. May have been a regional thing. Or perhaps a national finals item.

I've never seen those boxes either until my search today. I can't say that I've ever seen a box that tapers down from the top like that.

Briefly looking through the book, I like it because it seems to have more troubleshooting info than the service manual. Service manual seems to be geared more to how to replace part x while this is geared more to how to determine what's wrong. Also, and probably more important, it's a cool piece of history. Thanks again bluefury361

I have one of the 67 trophies, having a 67 Barracuda I thought this was cool.

2264-330284629331.00.jpg

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back