Seat belt screw-thread

69_topless

Reaction score
Hi guys, can you help me to identify what screw-thread is used on the seat belt screws on 69 Polara? I took the screw out, but local hardware store in Europe is not very helpfull with thread identification. I know later cars are usually using 7/16 UNF thread, but it looks different to screw from the mopar. I took the screw from my 87 Caprice for the same identification reasons. On the picture, first is GM 87 screw and below is the screw from the Dodge 69.

My plan is to install special seat safety seat, for my kids to take them out for ice cream and have a piece of mind I did for safety the best. To install these seat with 5 body safety belts for each kid, are used the seat belt screws holes where you screw in a special hook with a tether straps. These are then used for pressing the complete seat against standard seat to its final position. Its quite nice a piece of seat, certified for use in Europe but not available for you in USA due the unfinished legalization process.

For these who are interested, you can check their website Child Car Seats - 4 Child Car Seat, 3 Child Car Seat & Accessories Its cost a little fortune, but you can buy them on ebay.co.uk for a little cheaper.

Thanks everyone for your input :)

img_9201_large.jpg

20181215_102222.jpg

multimac_spares-0041e2_4_large.jpg

does your hardware store have a thread pitch gauge? keep in mind they will not be metric.
th?id=OIP.vT4MzfMBr9CX1tVPo3yu5AHaFy&pid=15.jpg
th?id=OIP.E0ZnHKAEQP6YHFXOhcbsgwHaEa&pid=15.jpg
th?id=OIP.19sFIJKTYvx792SaDF52QAHaE8&pid=15.jpg

Good idea but its highly unlikely they will have these tools. Worst case scenario, I will use the existing bolts and different tether straps. But producer prefers the usage of eye bolts for some reason.

multimac_spares-0035e_large.jpg

Thanks for info, I´m getting ready to wake up Polara after the winter period as the temperature starts to reach nice digits. Then will install the safety seats.

I finally installed the safety straps, using original bolts. Works fairly well :thumbsup: but I should have bought maximum wide size of Multimac seats. The middle size looks funny in full size car :lol:.

20190524_214203.jpg

20190524_214738.jpg

20190608_112847.jpg

20190608_154431.jpg

Back