Seats

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which of these contacts to jumper to move the seat, if the motors work?
Switches were trash and i just need to move them in place till i get my switches back from the rebuilder.

IMG_20230301_140810377.jpg

There is a good testing procedure in the FSM, showing the places to jumper for testing. I think that will show the correct terminals that will make the seat move.

The big two to start with I've circled. One (black wire) in the center is ground and the other one circled (red wire) is power. The jumpers will go to the other positions on the outside... Some run the center motor, some run the front and some the rear motor. I don't know which one makes the seat go fore and aft.

pwr seat.jpg

Thanks much. I looked at the manual but im not good at electric
I read a little and I'm pretty sure the center motor moves the seat fore and aft.

So... I did a couple quick pics. I don't know for sure which way the seat is going to go, but one setup should move it the way you want. The red jumpers are what you need to do. Try it like the first pic and if that doesn't move it the way you want, try the setup in the second pic.

Sorry the pics are a little screwy... I didn't crop them. But it should get you where you need to go.

Hope this helps.

pwr seat.jpg
pwr seat1.jpg

I read a little and I'm pretty sure the center motor moves the seat fore and aft.

So... I did a couple quick pics. I don't know for sure which way the seat is going to go, but one setup should move it the way you want. The red jumpers are what you need to do. Try it like the first pic and if that doesn't move it the way you want, try the setup in the second pic.

Sorry the pics are a little screwy... I didn't crop them. But it should get you where you need to go.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 584802View attachment 584803
Thanks. After seeing these pictures, i understand what the book was saying

Great. All my motors work, but all the switches are shot. Gonna try and find some plastic ones like B bodies for now.

Look up early 80’s corvette seat switches. That’s what I use on mine. Work perfectly but the knobs are not correct

Look up early 80’s corvette seat switches. That’s what I use on mine. Work perfectly but the knobs are not correct
Trying to rebuild my seat switch. The bottom rocker is the one that breaks. It holds the control knob. Not sure i can repair something this small.
Maybe some of you have old broken switches i can get parts out of?

IMG_20230303_100347528.jpg

IMG_20230303_100400761.jpg

IMG_20230303_100326687_PORTRAIT.jpg

Not sure i saw that link but ill look again. Plastic part was too small to fix. Nothing worked
I know I tried to fix mine for 2 days then I started searching and found the GM switch was the same. Now I just need a center knob for mine as it was broken and gone.

I used it as is. The GM switch has metal where the knob is attached, ours is plastic, and looks to be an upgrade and I didn't want to try to swap the parts and possibly break something. lol

I know I tried to fix mine for 2 days then I started searching and found the GM switch was the same. Now I just need a center knob for mine as it was broken and gone.
If i get my spare parts back from the repair place, ill send you a knob. Yours is chrome, right?

Back