Shipping help

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to see if it's viable to ship a 440 core from Santa Rosa California to Scotland ON Canada - or somewhere close, preferably across the border into Canada (Fort Erie ON or Buffalo or Niagara Falls NY), or close to where I'm located across the border (like Detroit, Buffalo or Niagara Falls ON).

Engine would be strapped to a standard pallet. Weight would be about 700 lbs.

• So - anyone have a first go-to shipper they deal with who's incredibly affordable?
  • Does anyone here actually work as a cross-border shipper or agent and can help me out?
  • Anybody making a cross-country run in their truck and need some decent gas money??
  • If I can't get it to Ontario due to border issues like Covid, anyone in either Detroit MI area or Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY able to receive and hold onto it for me until I'm able to pick up?

I'm looking for any and all suggestions and solutions that address my need to spend as little as possible, since the core I'm interested in is an unknown quantity - if I do go for it, it might turn out to be a boat anchor! It's desirability is the fact that it is a truly properly dated engine for the application I intend it for.

Thanks in advance!!

I have used Fastenal for some pallets. Not sure if they have any stores in Canada but for sure could get it to Detroit or Niagara Falls. I think they have to be closed pallets though.

I have used Fastenal for some pallets. Not sure if they have any stores in Canada but for sure could get it to Detroit or Niagara Falls. I think they have to be closed pallets though.
I recently reached out to Fastenal and my reply was that they weren’t currently doing this, I’m guessing because of the china virus.

Back