shipping spindles and calipers, collective opinion

Wonderwagon

Reaction score
So bought these disc brake spindles while in the southwest, cleaned them up need to ship them home to Chicago. Other than a big box full of popcorn and bubble wrap, how have others done this, Cbody bob, Murray Park. This is what I came up with. Spindles nested in card board surrounds, with bubble wrap, and spray foam to restrict lateral movement. Bottom a bed of bubble wrap to sit on, with a insert over the the spindles to restrict top to bottom movement. With padding on the top. Calipers pack similarly, both inner box inset pack tight into their own boxes. Never shipped parts like this, what do ye say? Yes, long winded, but there are pictures too.

20170720_152852.jpg

20170720_154402.jpg

20170720_155045.jpg

20170720_160639.jpg

20170720_192929.jpg

20170720_193015.jpg

When I part a car out if the seats are bad & unsaleable i rip the foam out to use for packing heavy items. And I visit a few dumpsters with permission & seek styrofoam blocks or pieces. This packing is lite & sturdy. The foam in a can from dollar store is good too

Holy over think Batman! I like your style. You want to be some what careful with the spindles. The calipers could be loosely thrown into a box and would be good. I'm sure you'll be fine.

like the adjatives, 3Cs & a D?, actually I will blame Mr Owen, my Highland High, drafting teacher, he create a project to package a egg to drop from a second story and survive, umoung other crazy project. Good teacher

You should be fine with the packaging. Since we live so close, send me a PM if you need help with the conversion. Having been down the road already I can help with the unexpected things that could come up.

You should be fine with the packaging. Since we live so close, send me a PM if you need help with the conversion. Having been down the road already I can help with the unexpected things that could come up.
cheers, thanks, maybe a burger at Blue Top

Back