Single Diaphram Booster Question on a slabbie with column shifter?

Ok engine vac checks out at 19-20" which is more than enough to trigger the booster.
Check valve checks out.

I went back and tried to re-bleed the brakes according to the Chrysler FSM using the distribution/proportioning valve I have and I was getting nothing but bubbles out the rear brakes and bled for nearly 20 minutes with no improvement.

I call the parts supplier and they are ordering me a brand new M/C

Ok engine vac checks out at 19-20" which is more than enough to trigger the booster.
Check valve checks out.

I went back and tried to re-bleed the brakes according to the Chrysler FSM using the distribution/proportioning valve I have and I was getting nothing but bubbles out the rear brakes and bled for nearly 20 minutes with no improvement.

I call the parts supplier and they are ordering me a brand new M/C

Only thing I can think of is that you should be sure the MC is a disk brake MC.

Only thing I can think of is that you should be sure the MC is a disk brake MC.
Yah it’s a disc brake mc

The parts guys immediately poo- poo’d the fact I am using dot5 fluid and one guy pronounced this was the reason why I was having problems
They finally agreed to order me a brand new MC
It’s arriving tomorrow

Update...
I got the brand new M/C yesterday and got my car buddy helper to come by to help out here.

I decided to get away from the silicone brake fluid & we flushed the system out by blowing a steady feed of dried compressed air through all lines.
After having tried to sift my way through all the do's & don'ts of flushing silicone fluid I decided to go with the low pressure air feed and then gravity bled the lines at a nice leisurely pace with fresh DOT3/4 Valvoline BF.
There's so much misinformation on this topic it is stupid.
I can't believe how many car guys hate silicone fluid while other love the stuff...
Rebuild the entire brake system. Replace seals, replace all flex hoses, rebuild calipers, replace the proportioning valves. Rebuild the M/C, stand on your head, pray to your local car god for success...:rolleyes:

So we bench bled the new M/C after setting the booster push-rod length with 1/8" clearance.

Gravity bled the system again then gently peddle bled the system.
Once a good pedal was achieved we let the car sit for a 3+- hours then bled again.
We got trace amounts of silicone fluid on the gravity bleed the first time around & nothing after during the final re-bleed of the system.
Did a pressure applied leak test and had to really tighten the main M/C nuts quite a bit to seal them up

Road test proofed a much better firm pedal with some effort required to stop the car.
2 feet helped out.

Now that I have a good(non-spongy) brake pedal with the DOT3/4 fluid, I am now planning to find a dual diaphram booster to ease the effort required.

I think it is safe to say this one is in the done column & ready for cruising once I install the correct booster.
Does anyone have one they are willing to part with?
Let me know thanks.

Update...
I got the brand new M/C yesterday and got my car buddy helper to come by to help out here.

Now that I have a good(non-spongy) brake pedal with the DOT3/4 fluid, I am now planning to find a dual diaphram booster to ease the effort required. . .

. . .I think it is safe to say this one is in the done column & ready for cruising once I install the correct booster.
Does anyone have one they are willing to part with?
Let me know thanks.

I got my dual diaphragm booster from Murray Park. . . Its gonna go to Booster Dewey for the rebuild.

Thanks Rip!:thumbsup:

I tried to find the purchase documentation for that booster I got from Murray, but to no avail. After thinking about it, it may have been nearer to $150 than $100. Anywho, please check with Murray directly. I know he'll set you up. His no. is: 419-448-0293.

I tried to find the purchase documentation for that booster I got from Murray, but to no avail. After thinking about it, it may have been nearer to $150 than $100. Anywho, please check with Murray directly. I know he'll set you up. His no. is: 419-448-0293.
Thanks for the info.
I'll turn some rocks over here in Canada before dealing with Murray.
I am on a tight budget these days
$150 is nearly $220cdn and it will likely need rebuilding.

Back