Small block 59 Chevy ...WOW

I really like 55-61 Chevys. I think they are all pretty cool. Ma had the best styling of the late 50s, hands down, but I can still get excited about seeing a Tri five or a 58 Impala, or a 61 Bubble top.

If I never see another tri-five Chevy that would be great! Way over done. Can’t take it any more.

yes the 58-61 GM’s are cool cars.

I love some tri-fives. They have some beautiful lines. I do agree that they are often way too common, just like many of the pony cars, but every now and then I'll stubble across a really nice factory original car or one with just the right mods.

I do favor the 58-66 cars though, especially with a W-engine.

If I never see another tri-five Chevy that would be great! Way over done. Can’t take it any more.

yes the 58-61 GM’s are cool cars.
I said that I don’t want to see them, YOU can have all you want and love them for all I care.

why am I arguing POS shoebox chevies on a mopar website??

So tell me please, I'm not a racer, how do they bite so hard?
Lots of VHT and prep/dragging. Tires are way better than they ever were in the past. Even DOT drag radials will stick like glue.

The POS bent 4 link that is in that Tin Indian in Big John's post will squat the *** end in a good way (weight transfer), but in typical GM fashion it is severely compromised for ride quality, totally ignoring the fact that it can make the car uncontrollable in a evasive maneuver with the very squishy bushings on all the mounting points.
The X frame cars are better and worse. The arms are more firmly attached to the axle underneath the axle instead of in front. This helps plant the tires without wind up, but the angle they point to center of the car makes it have a "sitting on a ball" type roll. You need to keep the C.G. inside the box, for stability, not aim the tip of a triangle right at it.
Also I gotta call B.S. on 2k horsepower "small block"
I heard no turbo or supercharger, so most likely sprayed, launch and 60' point to this also.
A powerful car, but a 2k small block on spray is a reach.

Last edited:
Came across this short video and thought it might belong in this thread, the guy is okay:

Damn. I bet that guy **** himself. I know I would have. :lol:

Back