Small Block A/C Delete

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,
My 1970 Fury is a 318 car with A/C. I want to get rid of all the brackets, ect. that pertain to ate A/C compressor including the condenser and just run this summer with alt,WP and PS. I have searched not found much here or elsewhere on specifics for the 318...mostly big block setups.I will put all this stuff up for sale so someone can use it on their small block car.Unfortunately the car is in storage until May 1 so I don't have a good photo of the existing setup.Just looking for the easiest, cheapest way to do this as this driveline is going away this fall.I found the drive belt page in the FSM but it doesn't spell out the different engines.If anyone has a good photo of a stock non A/C setup with PS on a 318 please post it up.Thanks

acc drives.JPG

1970 Plymouth 010 (2).jpg

I did the job on my 1970 Fury 318 with AC a few years ago in 2014. You don't have to change brackets or pulleys. Not good looking, but Cheap is highest priority since your drivetrain goes away this Fall. Alternator belt was only thing I replaced. I used NAPA 25-7435. I had to grind off the stiffening rib visible at the bottom of the water pump in the 1st pic to give clearance. Used exhaust cut-off wheel. Total cost was maybe $10.
318 Alt 4.JPG

318 Fan 2 inch Spacer & Shroud 1.JPG

Back