tumblr_mzk4s7jc1p1stb8lho1_1280-jpg.jpg

tumblr_p8ozq8rcck1qchs1zo1_1280-jpg.jpg

sullivan-twins-jpg.jpg

tumblr_lzz6z2ncoi1qzvx0to1_1280-jpg.jpg

dodge-jpg.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

8-jpg.jpg

32384126_1513565928771422_2522645893094572032_n.jpg

I visited that museum. I don't think I'd have a reason to go again, but it was definitely worth seeing once.
We went there about three years ago and I really enjoyed it, but yea, it's not something that you feel the need to revisit.

The Norwich museum, on the other hand, I want to visit again. Home - Northeast Classic Car Museum

We went there about three years ago and I really enjoyed it, but yea, it's not something that you feel the need to revisit.

The Norwich museum, on the other hand, I want to visit again. Home - Northeast Classic Car Museum
I visited there once before too. Yes it was good, had a great selection of vehicles. When I visited I remember they had a green 1966 Chrysler 300 convertible on display. Unfortunately the lighting isn't very good for taking pictures. Many of the cars are lit with spotlights which provide a very uneven light level and lots of harsh reflections off shiny chrome and paint.

Another museum I recommend, which I stumbled upon by accident on the way home from Carlisle, is the Swigart Museum. One thing that's cool is they have two Tuckers, the prototype and a "production" model. They're parked side-by-side so it's easy to see the differences.
The Swigart Museum

Sorry to hijack the thread. We could really start another thread just about car museums....

Great pictures, a window into the past. One really grabbed me, I worked in a gas station that looked almost exactly like this one, complete with the Coke machine, the flags, the old guy who came around everyday to jaw. Lotta memories!

And souped up hemi is amazing, what the guys could do to an engine without any electronics. Even the throttle linkage must have been a dogs breakfast to setup. Tuning 8 carbs must have been a sight to behold, I'd love to sit and watch how it's done. Be interesting to have one of those old school guys go up against a modern high tech tuner. My money is on the old school guy!

Back