Some more classic pictures

Watkins Glen music festival Summer Jam 1973
watkinsglenweb-jpg.jpg

The Summer Jam: The forgotten festival that was actually bigger than Woodstock

Knew about this and remembered, didn't go as I had a race to attend too. Friends went, it was a **** show with the traffic for many miles.

From the web page: "Reportedly, local shops were also emptied of beverages and food."
Yawn, same for the Laconia Races in the early 70's, friends went for beer, back 6 hours later empty handed, and they wondered why I brought my own, one year I left work only too smell gas leaking from my 4 gal 'Turtle Tank', back home whipped the tank off, flushed it out and torched welded up a 1" crack. Just as I was buttoning it back up my riding partner to Laconia shows up in his car, "what's up"? He explains his brand new Triumph with the oil in the frame/tank leak had gotten so bad... (I thought) yea right the ***** didn't want to do the weekend on the bike, good you can carry my beer... you did get beer for yourself right?... no answer. heh.

00104db0f96e8042aa%2Fb125c7a608e95fee-f8%2Fs1280x1920%2F66092160527cd63d0f262175a56b877604be14d6.jpg

i'd like to see how that was done. those were coil spring cars with an "x" frame.

Back