South Jersey transmission rebuild

65 Polara 500

Reaction score
Do I have any local experts in here that can recommend a good transmission company that is an expert in Mopar?

IMG_1629.jpeg

IMG_1628.jpeg

IMG_1627.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

I am not aware of any shops. I usually find " a guy ". It's been a few years since I needed " a guy " , wish I could help.

how much does it normally cost? I just called Monster transmissions out of Florida, and they want 4K to rebuild my tranny, but they would be beefing it up to withstand the horsepower from the engine! Anybody have any experience with them?

I've gone to Von Kattengell Transmission Service In Eatontown, NJ.
Rebuilt trans in my 99 Tahoe and has looked at a few other transmissions of mine over the years. If I remember correctly, current owner is 3rd generation transmission guy

Mt Holly Trans, (105 Fort Dix Rd Pemberton, NJ 08068) did mine. They are Mopar guys, took about a week and cost me $1250 in 2019.

Mt Holly Trans, (105 Fort Dix Rd Pemberton, NJ 08068) did mine. They are Mopar guys, took about a week and cost me $1250 in 2019.
Well I am crossing my fingers, Star Transmission picked up my tranny last night, which I was impressed with. But when he got there he tried to removed the torque converter for travel, and it wouldn’t come out. He originally told me $1400 and they would reinstall it, but now he said there could be more issues, so I will wait and see.

Back