Special wire terminals

If I couldn't find any, I would get some brass tubing with an ID the size of the pin at the hobby shop and cut it to length. Then I would make a saw cut length wise. One of those Exato razor saws would do that nicely. Squeeze it together to make it fit to the pin tight. Then I would soldier a "pig tail" wire to it.

Closest i've been able to come. Super exspendy for what it is snd youd hsve to modify it to work

https://lmr.com/item/HDW-10884/Mustang-Sending-Unit-Wire-Terminal

If I couldn't find any, I would get some brass tubing with an ID the size of the pin at the hobby shop and cut it to length. Then I would make a saw cut length wise. One of those Exato razor saws would do that nicely. Squeeze it together to make it fit to the pin tight. Then I would soldier a "pig tail" wire to it.

Both brilliant creative solutions... neither of you is afraid of a lot of work or tiny cuts... well done

I thought about "converting" a "L" shaped barrel bullit terminal to a " T " shaped, but I'm afraid, it would not hold that well.

Ok, they got back to me and they don't carry this type terminal. So I have to reuse the original terminals.

Thanks for all your help, ideas and suggestions!

I refuse to give up.
The impossible takes a little longer.
http://www.grote.com/products/84-2054-weather-pack-series-power-window-door-lock-terminal/

PicsArt_12-17-10.50.54.jpg

PicsArt_12-17-10.50.54.jpg

Believe me Stan, I searched for DAYS and haven't even find anything close :(
I saw the GM Power Window terminals before and unfortunately, they are too wide, the chrysler terminals just have the center part without the spring arc, and they are a tight fit in the plastic connector.

I've run out of names and ideas of what to search for.

Sure Stan, do what ever you want!! More brains involved means more possible results ;)

I'm pleased when someone spends time for me :yourock:

would you be able to cut the wire at the end of the terminal,drill out the wire from inside of it and spread the terminal apart from the inside? you can solder it back together.

Sorry... I looked around a great deal today... I found nothing new to bring to this. The last thought I had is there was a generation of Bosch electronics used in old MB and other German products that used round terminals. They had lots of connectors with female terminals and might be available new somewhere. I am sure the sizes wont be quite the same, but maybe you could spread a tight one to work. If I get a chance I will try to look into it tomorrow. Unless you found a source with originals, you may have to modify or salvage to finish this task.

Sorry... I looked around a great deal today... I found nothing new to bring to this. The last thought I had is there was a generation of Bosch electronics used in old MB and other German products that used round terminals. They had lots of connectors with female terminals and might be available new somewhere. I am sure the sizes wont be quite the same, but maybe you could spread a tight one to work. If I get a chance I will try to look into it tomorrow. Unless you found a source with originals, you may have to modify or salvage to finish this task.

try www.ecstuning.com for an 1986 560sl 4mm round pin bushing for a look... there are also 2.5mm bushings available. I used this web site because they had good pictures, I am sure they are less expensive elsewhere.

would you be able to cut the wire at the end of the terminal,drill out the wire from inside of it and spread the terminal apart from the inside? you can solder it back together.

That's what I did. I pried them open and removed the old wires. Now I'm soldering the new cables in.That's not the best way, but the only one I have.

Back