Spring Fling pics boy did I miss out.

Sorry forgot the pic

1542C4D0-7B9D-48F5-8072-98479B35501E.jpeg

You know, if a kid with a magic marker did this, he'd be dead.
View attachment 278625

I hate autographed cars. Means **** to me.

I hear you Stan, but in this case, I believe the "autograph" on the right of the glove box door (with a smiley face perhaps just below it), is likely Jay Leno's - Per's boss, so I give him a pass on this one. Since Per has been working in his shop for a long time doing a lot of his restorations full time, I would expect they have a good relationship since I was able to see them together at Jay's shop one time during lunch when Per gave me a tour of his whole facility, and as you would expect with Jay, always fun to be around it seems to me.

All his employees revered him and you could tell from the vibe of the place that he is a great boss. So I give Per a pass on this one if it is indeed his car (I am pretty sure it is since he doesn't have to have completely stock when he does his own cars - e.g. note the alternator added to this 300D instead of the weak original generator - like Jay, Per always drives his own restored cars and fully enjoys them. He almost always has one of his own cars at both of the yearly Spring Fling shows and Jay Leno usually shows up at least once per year himself). Just super guys.

I hear you Stan, but in this case, I believe the "autograph" on the right of the glove box door (with a smiley face perhaps just below it), is likely Jay Leno's - Per's boss, so I give him a pass on this one. Since Per has been working in his shop for a long time doing a lot of his restorations full time, I would expect they have a good relationship since I was able to see them together at Jay's shop one time during lunch when Per gave me a tour of his whole facility, and as you would expect with Jay, always fun to be around it seems to me.

All his employees revered him and you could tell from the vibe of the place that he is a great boss. So I give Per a pass on this one if it is indeed his car (I am pretty sure it is since he doesn't have to have completely stock when he does his own cars - e.g. note the alternator added to this 300D instead of the weak original generator - like Jay, Per always drives his own restored cars and fully enjoys them. He almost always has one of his own cars at both of the yearly Spring Fling shows and Jay Leno usually shows up at least once per year himself). Just super guys.
Isn't the autograph on the left the King's? (No Dave, not King Trump:poke:) Richard Petty?

Thankz for the pix Goose. And Steve, Thankz for the information on the White '58 D FI car. I waz wondering about that one. BTW, Iz Sherwood K. still the Caretaker of the Black '58 D FI car he's had squirreled away all these many yearz out there? I also see our FCBO Friend from Apple Valley waz there with Beautiful White '64 Long Roof too. Something about Pristine SoCal Iron that getz me all Melancholy. I have many Memory's of '39+'40 Phord Coupes and Sedan that were $50 throw away carz back in the day that we used to take down into The San Gabriel Flood Control off workman Mill rd.. Play in the sand 'til we'd roll 'um and just walk away, lol

Yes, those were the "good ole days" back in the 60s and 70s out here my friend.

I was able to talk with Sherwood last year at that show and get an update from him on his 300D parts and cars with fuel injection. Yes, he still does have his black 300D FI car and still has plans to retore it one day, but the reality is that he is probably going to just keep them until he is gone and then his estate will likely decide what to do with all his parts and cars. He claims to have several original FI complete systems (or at least close to complete) and won't let a single part go. This has been his story for decades now, and I doubt anything will change while under his ownership. He is even significantly older than me and probably in his early 80s by now would be my guess. And he can still keep talking until the sun goes down with endless stories. He does seem like a steady attendee of every Spring Fling over the years though.

Edit, I was able to learn that the car in question is indeed Per's.

Last edited:
I never had the pleasure of meeting Sherwood but a now with the Lord friend named Jimmie Golden from Topeka (who did the Body Work on my '61 Chrysler 9 passenger Long Roof) had conversations about the time ? times He was at Sherwood's place in SoCal and bench racing about ALL THE '58 Ds. Jimmie re-did his White '58C back in the mid '70s when they really were still cheap. Wife and I met He and his Bride Patty Jo at a 300 meet in Memphis in the mid '80s and stayed friends 'til we lost him about 6-7 years ago. Thanks for the response and the update Steve. FYI Steve, I cross that Birthday Mark and start working on my 9th decade this Memorial Day Weekend too, lol. Stay well Pal, Jer

I never had the pleasure of meeting Sherwood but a now with the Lord friend named Jimmie Golden from Topeka (who did the Body Work on my '61 Chrysler 9 passenger Long Roof) had conversations about the time ? times He was at Sherwood's place in SoCal and bench racing about ALL THE '58 Ds. Jimmie re-did his White '58C back in the mid '70s when they really were still cheap. Wife and I met He and his Bride Patty Jo at a 300 meet in Memphis in the mid '80s and stayed friends 'til we lost him about 6-7 years ago. Thanks for the response and the update Steve. FYI Steve, I cross that Birthday Mark and start working on my 9th decade this Memorial Day Weekend too, lol. Stay well Pal, Jer

Thanks Jer for the comments and congratulations on hitting a new milestone and for many years well-lived. May you have many more years yet to go!
Steve

Isn't the autograph on the left the King's? (No Dave, not King Trump:poke:) Richard Petty?
They really like these things. Back in the 80’s on Central all the Chrysler cars would park up at the cleaners. Richard’s cousin had one a lot like this car same looks but maybe a ‘57 ? too long ago to remember. He’d bring it up there every now and again. I just know they’re fans.

This is an original CHP blank and white, same build date as mine, less than a dozen VIN off of mine.
At this time the latest know car, about 130 from the earliest known 1970 (historic picture)

Alan
I think I saw a few A bodies too. I just couldn’t walk around very well that day.

EFF289C4-A277-44D4-BEED-201E68D20370.jpeg

Cleaned er up pretty good after the epic road trip I saw. Sorry I missed you.

579057B3-6818-43C6-A69D-9A0176BE51E0.jpeg

02F0C514-F44A-4909-A136-14CD489566CB.jpeg

5B0BF3A3-4250-4C9A-98E4-E4857161697C.jpeg

Couple B bodies.

EC4F6768-D52A-49AF-904E-D137BC10C4C5.jpeg

E568E33C-0E93-403F-BA97-4CB91DCFABDF.jpeg

CAB1EB7D-B2C9-42EB-909A-F120BFD9D2B8.jpeg

8499E730-300E-4678-B7AE-CFF71A479A9C.jpeg

Last two my buddy’s dad took on Saturday. He bought a 1968 Coronet RT brand new back in the day.

I think I saw a few A bodies too. I just couldn’t walk around very well that day.
View attachment 278943
Cleaned er up pretty good after the epic road trip I saw. Sorry I missed you.
Yup it was pretty filthy, car was covered in road film from all the rain, the last 300 miles were through an area with lots of bug, had to stop once just to clean the window. Even under the hood was a mess. The car was washed the day after I got back, under hood the evening before the show.

Oh, 2nd place A-Body Stock

Alan

Back