SSBC W154 Brake Kit

mrzods13

Reaction score
Looking at this kit. Its at the wheels only for the front. I have a brand new booster and master what other kind of master do you have to get or can I use the master on my 68 newport that's on there now.

You most likely need a mc with a bigger reservoir for front brakes (larger section toward rear) because disc brakes use fluid as they wear the drums have adjusters fluid level remains almost constant.

I had issues with SSBC and had to figure out the problem on my own. Although running a MC fron mid 70s I think it needs to be a smaller bore to increase line pressure. Also my PBB wouldnt run the brakes (I did all 4 wheels). Make sure you have a DUAL diaphriam PBB. My brakes are nice now, just not as powerful as Id like. Someone else on here had the same issue and suggested the dual diaphriam PBB and that made the car driveable. Sadly my single booster was less then a year old and I just tossed it out.

Those look like Kelsey Hayes a body calipers. Glad they making them out of cast iron , they had been making them out of aluminum and the pads riding on the caliper were digging in. Says the piston size is 43 is that each or total of all four, they also look like a pain to bleed, 2 sides and a transfer tube I don't see why they would not work well though.

Back