Sorry to drag this out so long, but both my work and finding parts is taking time. But, a couple lessons learned so far, include that I should have removed the four socket head capscrews from the rag joint first, need to turn the wheel a bit, and easier with pitman off. Mark the shafts to realign. With the capscrews out, you can simply slide the rubber joint out. I just removed the two lower ones, and had little room to remove the short shaft with lower coupler, even with column as loose as I have gotten it. Also, in this process, allow as much oil to drain when turning the gearbox as possible.....otherwise you will have some drain on you when dropping the beast. I did not go to the trouble to fully seal the in and out, which would also help.....Just taped mine to keep dirt out, but oil can still find a way out. Lastly for now, I am looking for any spacers or washers behind the box to the frame for alignment. I will make a pattern of the bolt holes on my box to compare to the new one before I wrestle it into place.