SOLD Steering rag joints (Land Rover) for C bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsertdog

Old man with an old guitar, and a blue note.
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have four left over NTC3486 steering joints. These are a Land Rover part which has to be slightly modified to fit.

I'd like to get 20.00 a piece for them plus freight in the Continental U.S. These ship from (Oklahoma) 74012. Seems that 10.00 might be the going rate by envelope.

If you'd like to buy all four, I'll take 15.00 each for them and PAY your shipping, in the U.S.

I only have Paypal. PM if interested.

000_0160[1].JPG

For the how to: Steering coupler needed

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
They are a good substitute for the cars and vans that use the rubber/metal steering coupler from about 65 and up... looks like this:

1710560590149.png

NOS ones are not trustworthy and are priced ridiculously. Lares 220 is listed, but is often out of stock. The Land Rover ones are a good substitute, need only minor mods to fit, and sometimes just bolt right in. The mods essentally are machining down the overall thickness of the metal triangles, and counter-sinking the holes for the fasteners that the originals use.

1710560692877.png

They are a good substitute for the cars and vans that use the rubber/metal steering coupler from about 65 and up... looks like this:

View attachment 650061

NOS ones are not trustworthy and are priced ridiculously. Lares 220 is listed, but is often out of stock. The Land Rover ones are a good substitute, need only minor mods to fit, and sometimes just bolt right in. The mods essentally are machining down the overall thickness of the metal triangles, and counter-sinking the holes for the fasteners that the originals use.

View attachment 650062
73' Imperial? Look the same on Rock Auto.

Years ago, I got one off Ebay for my 71 Polara. It was 200.00 but an original Mopar part. I think he's still selling them. He must have known-that he could make good money on these and bought a bunch of them when they were still available. Mopar part, fit perfect, and good quality.

Here's the article which shows the mods done. I did mine with a hacksaw, files and a drill vise to center the holes. It worked perfectly!

For the how to: Steering coupler needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back