Strange private messages

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
How many of you get private messages from whoever (always brand new members no posts) saying they are interested in buying that car or a part and you have no clue as to who they are and why? Just got another one in the last day about buy the car and ship to PA.

I have had the odd one, usually looking for something that was listed 4 or 5 years ago, or one of my not mine threads.

i get them. sometimes the ads 2,3,4 years old and always from a new member. sometime i just ignore them sometimes i answer back 'not mine' as stated in the add.

Glad you bought this up since I am getting them too - I am assuming it is some kind of software glitch but maybe moderator can clarify.

My PMs might be legit, but each of them only have been members for a short while and a couple of posts. All are asking if and when I was selling my Imperial.

Clueless random new members that get overexcited while using their phone to access the Internet.
Most likely a n00b at using the 'net my bet. Graduates of FaceBook to forums.
I get them and surprising on something in a for sale post many years old. I have fun with them, some respond with a sorry, some don't.

I am assuming it is some kind of software glitch but maybe moderator can clarify.

Not a software glitch

Clueless random new members that get overexcited while using their phone to access the Internet.
Most likely a n00b at using the 'net my bet. Graduates of FaceBook to forums.

A little harsh but this is most likely the likely explanation

Here is the reply from the moron who emailed me about a car for sale which is impossible.

"Then update your ******* page"

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the reply from the moron who emailed me about a car for sale which is impossible.

"Then update your ******* page"

My guess is - he saw an ad for a car you posted that was a 'not mine' that you put in the wrong forum. I just moved several of them to the correct forum.

That said, it was no cause for him to be an ***.

My guess is - he saw an ad for a car you posted that was a 'not mine' that you put in the wrong forum. I just moved several of them to the correct forum.

That said, it was no cause for him to be an ***.
If my memory is correct I haven't posted a Craigslist car for sale this entire year even though I know the rules for getting it right.

The ones you moved are ancient and quite possibly before things organized into members and not mine.

Ah it's people with phones and they mash something that the didn't intend to mash, kind of like a miss click, now the new miss-mash. Happens to me all the time since I don't have needle point fingers but big fat old dead working man fingers. Now the thumb type'rs that's a skill I will never master in my lifetime.

Now the thumb type'rs that's a skill I will never master in my lifetime.
They are the ones you can't read their texts in the first place. No punctuation, spelling shortcuts I don't understand and a goulash bash of upper and lower case letters used indiscriminately.

Back