Stripping Betty down :)

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
so having a bit of OCD in me I had to strip the interior out to find out how good or bad the floors are

I'm pleased with what I see so far
I'll hit it with some etching primer to stop the rust for the time being then go from there

IMG_2820.JPG
IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2813.JPG
IMG_2818.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2816.JPG

I plan to roll her out doors to grind down the floor with a wire wheel before doing the prep with using what you showed or something similar once the interior is fully stripped out...
There is lots of horse hair insulation on the hump still.
I was thinking about grabbing one of my wife's Schick disposable razors!
If one of those can tame a woman's legs then this should be a breeze!:lol:

I did get a few pics of the drains in the front vent area. glad it didn't stay out doors any longer than she did. I can imagine that the front fenders at the base were next of the "time to rust out' list.. Those mice store **** everywhere!

IMG_2809.JPG

I plan to roll her out doors to grind down the floor with a wire wheel before doing the prep with using what you showed or something similar once the interior is fully stripped out...
Seems like a good way to get in trouble... you have my encouragement:D

Next challenge is to remove the rear seat back...
It doesn't want to pop loose
I've straightened the tabs on the bottom but it won't budge

That was good for a laugh.

I discovered a little guest that lost its way out of the back seat...

IMG_2825.JPG

With most threads on here, this one should be very good. My dads 57 plymouth had a beautiful frame but the floors were garbage. Someone covered them in roofing tar as a means of repair.

And I found an extra set of keys
With most threads on here, this one should be very good. My dads 57 plymouth had a beautiful frame but the floors were garbage. Someone covered them in roofing tar as a means of repair.
sounds like a great job was performed :thumbsup:

Back