Super Epic BUY Alert

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The absolutely best and guaranteed not to leak 727 TorqueFlite transmission pan gaskets are these.
They are also super expensive running about $30.00 each!
Better than cork, rubber, or the composite ones.
Here's the deal of the century:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200707069721?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Nine bucks each. I just bought 2 for 16.

$(KGrHqV,!osE8VqW(WNvBPJH2ogJs!~~60_57.JPG

Have you used on previously and no leak? I've got one sealing my rebuilt tranny. Still not in the car though

I'm gonna buy a couple myself .. 5 bucks plus $4 shipping so I'll send not that they should ship together

Yes, In the NYB before I put in the 4 speed. No matter what I used plus tin knocking the flange perfectly flat could not make it stop leaking. Put on that factory 518 filter... drip free.
If you buy multiples, he combines shipping. Mine was two for $16 total or 8 bucks each...
My current NYB is leaking at the pan and I've replaced the gasket twice.

I just bought 3 myself and sent note to seller to correct shipping to $4 so we'll see. If he doesn't still worth it.

I noticed first 2 had shipping of $8 total and 3rd no shipping.

I just bought a couple. :icon_thumright:Both my 65 and 69 are leaking. Both have been changed .... hope these work.

Wow boy do I feel better now. I have tried 3 different times to get mine to stop leaking. I now have a Hughes aluminum pan that hold 2 extra qts and it still has tiny leak. Not enough to hit the ground so I'm leaving it alone. Trans fluid expensive to keep wasting!

It didn't work for me Will. Nothing wrong with those gaskets, That's what Mother iz selling now in all the partz departmentz too. I just couldn't get the torq just right enough to get 'um to stop leaking and seal. My fix waz one ah thosz 3oz. tubes of that Black Gorilla Snot Mother sellz WITH NO GASKET. WALAH, NO MORE LEAKY. And that B&M pan haz ah drain plug too so it will never come off again in my life time and I won't drive it far enough for it to ever need a filter change. The next caretaker can use the hammer and chisel to remove that pan! SEE JER DO THE HAPPY DANCE

Heard back from him.

$4.00 for the first one And $2.00 for each additional.

Smokin hot deal .. thanks again Stan

I rarely have issues with a pan gasket sealing well, and I just use the NAPA brand 727 gasket. I believe most of the leaks are not really due to the pan gasket, but rather the selector shaft seal above it. When that damn seal leaks, it looks like a pan gasket seal leaking. I got a special tool on ebay to remove that pesky seal, but getting a new one back in while the trans is still in the car is a challenge, and I have to resort to having a buddy tap it in from the engine compartment using a very long extension (using the installer part of the special tool package positioned on top of the seal) while I am below the car positioning the end of the extension to make sure the seal goes in evenly. I hate the job, but there is no other option really. I used to think it was the pan gasket, and it was weird because when I would change the pan gasket, the leakage seemed to stop, but then if the car sat a couple days, it would start leaking again. I think this is because when the car sits a couple days the trans fluid leaks back out of the torque converter back into the pan and then when the level of fluid in the pan rises enough, it leaks out the selector shaft seal. Because there is no collection area around the selector shaft seal, there is no pool of oil on the ledge above the pan where the selector shaft seal resides, so it leaks down around the pan gasket seal. Been there too many times and know better now. Sometimes wisdom grows with age, but not always! One tip is to not try to replace the throttle pressure lever seal when you do the selector shaft seal below it. Doing that in the car us a real drag since there is a very tiny e ring involved and you have to be very careful to not let the throttle shaft drop into the pan when you remove the e ring. I have found that rarely does that seal leak probably because it is well above the selector shaft seal on the same vertical axis (hope you know what I mean - consult the service manual) so the fluid level never really gets that high. If that throttle lever falls into the pan, then you pretty much have to pull the pan to get it back up correctly. I'll check later to see if I can find the special tool listing on ebay if anyone is interested. Not that bad a job really when you have done it a couple times........................

I rarely have issues with a pan gasket sealing well, and I just use the NAPA brand 727 gasket.

I believe most of the leaks are not really due to the pan gasket, but rather the selector shaft seal above it.

When that damn seal leaks, it looks like a pan gasket seal leaking.

I got a special tool on ebay to remove that pesky seal, but getting a new one back in while the trans is still in the car is a challenge,

and I have to resort to having a buddy tap it in from the engine compartment using a very long extension (using the installer part of the special tool package positioned on top of the seal) while I am below the car positioning the end of the extension to make sure the seal goes in evenly. I hate the job, but there is no other option really.

I used to think it was the pan gasket, and it was weird because when I would change the pan gasket, the leakage seemed to stop, but then if the car sat a couple days, it would start leaking again. I think this is because when the car sits a couple days the trans fluid leaks back out of the torque converter back into the pan and then when the level of fluid in the pan rises enough, it leaks out the selector shaft seal.

Because there is no collection area around the selector shaft seal, there is no pool of oil on the ledge above the pan where the selector shaft seal resides, so it leaks down around the pan gasket seal.

Been there too many times and know better now. Sometimes wisdom grows with age, but not always!

One tip is to not try to replace the throttle pressure lever seal when you do the selector shaft seal below it. Doing that in the car us a real drag since there is a very tiny e ring involved and you have to be very careful to not let the throttle shaft drop into the pan when you remove the e ring.

I have found that rarely does that seal leak probably because it is well above the selector shaft seal on the same vertical axis (hope you know what I mean - consult the service manual) so the fluid level never really gets that high.

If that throttle lever falls into the pan, then you pretty much have to pull the pan to get it back up correctly. I'll check later to see if I can find the special tool listing on ebay if anyone is interested.

Not that bad a job really when you have done it a couple times........................

Thanks Steve that was a very good explanation .. I just had to break it up a little to absorb it all.

And you are right ... Sometimes wisdom grows with age

Back