Sure grip bearings how to

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
F65B68D4-E570-4EE7-95F3-E2473CF772B5.jpeg
Working on FURYIOUS. I have the 8.75 rear installed. I pulled the 4.10 center section out of my Barracuda & as expected it’s the wrong spline. So my next option is a 3.55 I have but I bought it from a friend who said it needed carrier bearings. What all is involved in replacing the carrier bearings & will I need any special tools. I looked on YouTube & I don’t see a how to video. I’m on a budget with this car & want to try to use parts I already have so the 3.55 sure grip it is

View attachment 225869 Working on FURYIOUS. I have the 8.75 rear installed. I pulled the 4.10 center section out of my Barracuda & as expected it’s the wrong spline. So my next option is a 3.55 I have but I bought it from a friend who said it needed carrier bearings. What all is involved in replacing the carrier bearings & will I need any special tools. I looked on YouTube & I don’t see a how to video. I’m on a budget with this car & want to try to use parts I already have so the 3.55 sure grip it is

If you google: "Mopar 8.75 rear end setup", Mopar Connection Magazine has a good article on how to set up the rear end. Both the open and sure-grip use adjustable end caps on the carrier bearing, so setting the side play is relatively simple once the pinion is correctly positioned.

The link is www.moparconnectionmagazine/chunky/monkey-83/4-rear-end-center-section-rebuild/, for whatever reason, the link won't work from withing the FCBO website, so you will need to google to find it.

Dave

If you google: "Mopar 8.75 rear end setup", Mopar Connection Magazine has a good article on how to set up the rear end. Both the open and sure-grip use adjustable end caps on the carrier bearing, so setting the side play is relatively simple once the pinion is correctly positioned.

The link is www.moparconnectionmagazine/chunky/monkey-83/4-rear-end-center-section-rebuild/, for whatever reason, the link won't work from withing the FCBO website, so you will need to google to find it.

Dave
Thanks. I’ll check it out

Back