Tail Panel and Assorted Trim

So did you have to drop the bumper to get these lights out?

in process, Tommy...

I took a look underneath and @65 500 is correct, there are speed nuts behind the panel holding on the piece of trim. I have soaked them in a bit of penetrant, and am waiting for it to take effect. It looks like I may be able to pull the tail lights out without dropping the bumper. once I get the piece of trim off, I will know for sure.

stay tuned! lol

a couple pics for your viewing pleasure in the mean time...first one is pass side behind the panel and the no 2 is driver's side. the bottom 2 dickies have the speed nuts for the trim piece and top 6 are for the letters. two sleeves per letter...

yes, the middle driver's side dickie is missing his nut; but fear not! I believe I have a couple of them there nuts in stock :D

DSC07889.JPG
DSC07885.JPG

the verdict is in...no need to pull the bumper! :thumbsup:

all you have to do is help the tail light assy by pushing evenly on the four studs and she'll come right out.

and it looks like the "tail panel" is all part of the bumper filler panel.

@Slantsix here are a couple pics for ya...ill take a few more in the daylight. just let me know if there is a certain area you are specifically looking for.

DSC07907.JPG
DSC07908.JPG
DSC07904.JPG
DSC07903.JPG

and all the gaskets came off intact!! woo-hoo!!! :D

DSC07918.JPG

DSC07910.JPG

de-contruction will continue this week...more to come! :thumbsup:

btw, what is the correct color for the tail panel and the top of the bumper filler?

light argent? silver?

DSC07862.JPG

Ty very much for pictures. Looks like 300 tail lights swap isnt so easy i hoped for. Bolt off Newport lights and bolt on 300 lights. Hoped Chrysler was lazy and made all rear ends same....

Ty very much for pictures. Looks like 300 tail lights swap isnt so easy i hoped for. Bolt off Newport lights and bolt on 300 lights. Hoped Chrysler was lazy and made all rear ends same....

seems to me you have to cut out that middle portion of the tail panel, correct?

I don't know how I missed this topic? I would go with Argent, Cr8crshr's Satellite tail panel is Argent, my hubcaps have it. Seem like they used that a lot in various apps.

no worries, Jon...im assuming the light argent, right?

well, looks like the light argent will work. more pics in the daylight...

DSC07937.JPG

unobtanium letters before polish...the 'S' is already polished. hence the different hue...

DSC07926.JPG

taillight bezels + lenses refreshing done...bezels are pretty pitted, but even so, I think they look much better.

before...

DSC07910.JPG

during...

taped the bezels off to paint the black lines around the lenses

DSC08012.JPG
DSC08023.JPG

lenses cleaned up real nice.

DSC08019.JPG

final result...not too shabby.

DSC08029.JPG

DSC08031.JPG

DSC08030.JPG

once the weather gets somewhat warm, it's on to painting the tail panel and putting it all back together!

Back