Tank Removal?

I talked to a ex mopar mechanic about this. he said you need to remove the wheel then take off the drum then brakes and hardware and pull the axle on the drivers side. the tank will then come out easy. i recounted a story to him of when I was young my dad and uncle spent like a day trying to get the tank out of my dad's 66 fury wagon. he said this is how they did it back in the day at the dealership.

Just signed up a couple of minutes ago to the forum as I began working on my newly purchased 72 fury wagon. I presume you may have already done it but I figured I'd respond with how I did it. I dropped my tank last week for cleaning purposes. The brake backing plate prevented it from sliding out into the wheel well so Instead of dropping the axle inl took off the brake backing plate and pulled the axle shaft out. Came right out then. There was no rubber grommet or filler tube either. And the straps holding it are self-explanatory as are disconnecting the tubes. God bless you!

Just signed up a couple of minutes ago to the forum as I began working on my newly purchased 72 fury wagon. I presume you may have already done it but I figured I'd respond with how I did it. I dropped my tank last week for cleaning purposes. The brake backing plate prevented it from sliding out into the wheel well so Instead of dropping the axle inl took off the brake backing plate and pulled the axle shaft out. Came right out then. There was no rubber grommet or filler tube either. And the straps holding it are self-explanatory as are disconnecting the tubes. God bless you!

Thanks for your input! Actually, with the onset of winter and no shop building, everything's been on hold until it warms up a little. Congratulations on your new Fury!

I know what you mean, ive been doing mine on jackstands in my driveway. It is far from ordeal conditions haha. When the time comes to do it you have any questions I'd be glad to help. And thank you

Back