Texas auction of a Mopar Hoard.

This scrab guy bid for all these cars to crush them, so my friend heard...
Yea I just went back and searched bids low to high and there were many sold in the $200 and below range that could be good for parts, I mean the 1989 Buick, Fiats, Pontiac Phoenix, 1986 Oldsmobile I could see going to the crusher, even the bullet riddled GTO sold for $200 and I'll bet with the no title shaky paperwork someone didn't even snatch that one up for the VIN tags.

My friend sent me a terrible picture (I haven't asked a permission to publish it, so I don't post it) where they porklifted one Forward look from it's roof... It bent badly.

No respect to the dead, I think :mad:

Recyclers carry no respect for the past metal art.
They're job is simply to crush anything metal to make the almighty dollar.

Unfortunate to hear about the cars down there.

Does anyone know what the 63 Imperial 2door sold for? Black, lot #74 I think. Looked to be in fairly good shape, I can’t find any info. Sent an e-mail to the auction company, no reply on looking for ‘sold’ prices. Had to work, couldn’t monitor the auction.
Thanks.

Does anyone know what the 63 Imperial 2door sold for? Black, lot #74 I think. Looked to be in fairly good shape, I can’t find any info. Sent an e-mail to the auction company, no reply on looking for ‘sold’ prices. Had to work, couldn’t monitor the auction.
Thanks.

$3,100

Screenshot_20211024-203147~2.png

Texas must be a pretty cool state to live in if they let a guy have that many cars as a hobbyist! If that hoard were in California there would be no auction just semis,trucks,crushers!
If you Google Earth the place it's all rural farm fields and who's to complain in the land of fracking pads, the cows?

Interesting Tube video on the guy that bought the short/chopped Valient/Signet(?) with more yard walk around and car pickups.

VIEWER ADVISERERY WARNING! A sawzall is used in the video, cars are parted, rear tubs with a couch conversion are discussed, sensitive Moparians be warned!

I wound up with 3 of the cars from the auction. 61 valiant wagon. 67 t&c wagon that I had sold to the guy years ago, and a 67 300. I just picked up the 300 from the winning bidder. He bought 4 or 5 cars to pull the engines. I'm going to use parts from the 300 to put the t&c back on the road. Finally, a 2 door gets used as parts for a wagon.

I wound up with 3 of the cars from the auction. 61 valiant wagon. 67 t&c wagon that I had sold to the guy years ago, and a 67 300. I just picked up the 300 from the winning bidder. He bought 4 or 5 cars to pull the engines. I'm going to use parts from the 300 to put the t&c back on the road. Finally, a 2 door gets used as parts for a wagon.
You didn't happen to buy the 68 NYer that went cheap did you?

That was a cool video to watch if not just for the identification of multiple mopars in a short period of time.
I wonder when the second video will be posted.

I really liked the white with red interior 65 sport satellite at the end.

Yea I just went back and searched bids low to high and there were many sold in the $200 and below range that could be good for parts, I mean the 1989 Buick, Fiats, Pontiac Phoenix, 1986 Oldsmobile I could see going to the crusher, even the bullet riddled GTO sold for $200 and I'll bet with the no title shaky paperwork someone didn't even snatch that one up for the VIN tags.

There is a young guy with a youtube channel that bought this and he is putting it back on the road with bulletholes intact. I have been watching it. Pole barn garage.
He has said that he would not do a re tag but I cant believe that somebody didnt buy it for just that.

Is there a site that has all the selling prices?
I found this thread by searching mopar hoard.
I see a ton of videos posted about it now that it is over. I did not hear about it before the auction.

There is another young guy that bought the gold special order 73 fury sedan. He has a channel looks that was a great car.
I'd like to know the story on the rest.

Well,
I found the listings. That auction was all over the map. Some things were crazy cheap and some high.
Imperials were hot.
One sad ol 67 or 8 fury wenT for $175.
I felt sad and wanted it. Not even a $200 minimum for the fury.
The special order 73 400 fury probably a detective car went for 2k. That kid did good there. I know he had to ship to new york so that probably near doubled it.

There is a young guy with a youtube channel that bought this and he is putting it back on the road with bulletholes intact. I have been watching it. Pole barn garage.
He has said that he would not do a re tag but I cant believe that somebody didnt buy it for just that.

Is there a site that has all the selling prices?
I found this thread by searching mopar hoard.
I see a ton of videos posted about it now that it is over. I did not hear about it before the auction.

There is another young guy that bought the gold special order 73 fury sedan. He has a channel looks that was a great car.
I'd like to know the story on the rest.
On another video from that tuber I posted previously, I think it was a later walk around he said the shot up GTO had a bullet hole through the VIN tag but he didn't show a picture of it. There are other secret locations that GM puts the VIN on but a destroyed tag?
As far a putting that car 'on the road' maybe running on a trailer to take to shows but can't believe any state motor vechicle department allowing that to be tag & roadworthy. Maybe in our freedom loving state of Floriduh. :rolleyes:

I tag cars without anyone ever seeing them.
Quite easy really. Well, in Colorado for the moment.

This one has appeared on the Vintage Police Car Classifieds group with a post "Stumbled across this today and thinking about...". I lead him to the Tube review video. Haven't got much response from him as to what the seller wants in $$$$

03-04-24.Vintage Police Car Classifieds Stumbled across this today and thinking about.www.face...jpg

Funny someone thinks a 1967 Fury 4 door is very rare.

Back