For Sale The ***** is back. Stan's New Yorker back in FL.. ($10.5K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Contact seller
1976 CHRYSLER 4 SPEED NEW YORKER - cars & trucks - by owner -...

1976 CHRYSLER 2 DR NEW YORKER WITH 4 SPEED MANUAL TRANS440 ci MOTOR 450 hp THIS IS A GOOD CAT DRIVES GREAT MAY TRADE $10.500 OCALA FLA CALL OR TEXT EMAIL show contact info
NO HELP SELLING THANK YOU

Shooting for the moon on price. I give him a $2K advantage due to the 4 speed, $5500. I think...

Didn't even vacuum it out for the photo shoot.

01111_7tD0BrYadoC_1200x900.jpg

00505_9futfMB0NXq_1200x900.jpg

monaco75 looked at/drove this car for me 10 months ago -- as i vowed to buy it and stop this "carousel of owners" -- and I made an offer for it. Never heard back from seller

I believed that offer was "fair" based on pics/video of current condition and monaco75's ride around the block.

Nothing against the seller .. folks want what they want and the "market" sorts all that out. but no answer from a seller equals rejection to me so that ended it. I never chase sellers.

My offer exceeded $5,500 but was less than $10,500.

My hope for it remains the same, but the passage of time being outdoors it not in this car's favor. I hope it finds a good home.

monaco75 looked at/drove this car for me 10 months ago -- as i vowed to buy it and stop this "carousel of owners" -- and I made an offer for it. Never heard back from seller

I believed that offer was "fair" based on pics/video of current condition and monaco75's ride around the block.

Nothing against the seller .. folks want what they want and the "market" sorts all that out. but no answer from a seller equals rejection to me so that ended it. I never chase sellers.

My hope for it remains the same, but the passage of time being outdoors it not in this car's favor. I hope it finds a good home.

Is this still the same seller Ray?

I like that I can come on this forum and indulge in the knowledge. I have seen the add and talked to him. I too would end the carousel of owners because I've always wanted a 76 car and def want a manual!
What do you guys feel it's really worth?
He said he take 8500 but i seen old adds where it was listed at 8000

I like that I can come on this forum and indulge in the knowledge. I have seen the add and talked to him. I too would end the carousel of owners because I've always wanted a 76 car and def want a manual!
What do you guys feel it's really worth?
He said he take 8500 but i seen old adds where it was listed at 8000

Walk in with about 60-65 $100 bills and work from there. I'd start at $5500 though. 55 $100 bills in front of your face makes you do stupid stuff sometimes. They will ALWAYS go below the dollar amount they've set in their heads when there's physical cash in front of them. 'cause they're degenerates and they can't help themselves. That and this car has been for sale for a while.

I don't think Stan would touch this car with your hands so take that in to account. It's probably not what it used to be.

Give him the standard $2500, explaining how the engine and transmission will need a rebuild after the cavalcade of stupid owners beating the car like a raped ape (holding no authority to the wild accusation) and go from there. Like Stan has said, every seller has been a ***** since he sold the car.

I might have misquoted Stan, but I think I nailed his summary. I hope.

Walk in with about 60-65 $100 bills and work from there. I'd start at $5500 though. 55 $100 bills in front of your face makes you do stupid stuff sometimes. They will ALWAYS go below the dollar amount they've set in their heads when there's physical cash in front of them. 'cause they're degenerates and they can't help themselves. That and this car has been for sale for a while.

I don't think Stan would touch this car with your hands so take that in to account. It's probably not what it used to be.
Don't carry the extra $1000 in the same pocket though.

"This is all I have, really."
A thousand in each pocket, maybe $1200, but that's it.
Had a guy do that to my son last year on a beater Impala he was selling. I started laughing my butt off when he pulled money out of another pocket and called him on it... The guy said "yea.. yea"... Must be you've done that yourself?" and started laughing.

55 $100 bills in front of your face makes you do stupid stuff sometimes. They will ALWAYS go below the dollar amount they've set in their heads when there's physical cash in front of them.
Night work for some; won't work on me. I've had guys try to low-ball me with cash, waving it in my face. I've always said, "You're X amount of bills short."

Personally, I find that practice insulting.

I know this tactic all too well and have taught it to my children. lol
Only difference is I have someone else hold money as if I have to borrow the rest!
Cash in hand will make people do crazy things!

Night work for some; won't work on me. I've had guys try to low-ball me with cash, waving it in my face. I've always said, "You're X amount of bills short."

Personally, I find that practice insulting.
I can understand how you feel but if in standing in front of a car I'm usually willing to pay close to asking price but always worth negotiating. With that said being on the selling end, I usually ask for more that what I would really take because the nature of the beast is that people will negotiate and everyone wants to feel like they got a deal. There are also deals where you know there is no room for negotiating and I'd walk up full amount in hand. Really depends on the situation.

I can understand how you feel but if in standing in front of a car I'm usually willing to pay close to asking price but always worth negotiating. With that said being on the selling end, I usually ask for more that what I would really take because the nature of the beast is that people will negotiate and everyone wants to feel like they got a deal. There are also deals where you know there is no room for negotiating and I'd walk up full amount in hand. Really depends on the situation.
I agree with you. But if someone waves a wad of cash in hand thinking I'll jump, when it's somewhere around 60% of my asking price, that person has to think again! As I said, it's been done to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back