The Formal Photo Thread

Hi guys
Thanks for the likes.
This 75 wagon was purchased new from Brubaker motors of Lancaster PA and I have all the documents. It found its way over to Richmond , Missouri eventually which is where I bought it about 18 months ago. I'm still in the middle of fixing a few things like power windows and power seat. It drives well but I find the ride a little harsh in comparison to the fusie wagons I've had although this could be due to it having been ordered with the heavy duty towing pack. The copper color is sienna I believe.I've put about 4,000 miles on the old girl since making it roadworthy.
20180208_141048.jpg
20180208_141048.jpg
20180522_202159.jpg
20180310_174102.jpg
20190411_190027.jpg

Wasn’t getting any bites on the (Wheel / tire) thread.. so I’ll try here:

Need some clarification on the body color paint that’s on my 77 NYB Road wheels. Apologies if this thread isn’t the place for this. But I didn’t want to start a thread just for this one question. I put “Ginger” on jack-stands, no tags yet to drive, and took the wheels off to have new shoes put on her.. I’ve read discussions in the pass that body color painted Road Wheels were a 1978 year only option. My car is a 77 and the paint looks factory or dealer installed. I cleaned up the rims, LOVE this color, and courtesy of Murray Park / Trim rings the wheels came out spectacular IMO. Can someone please educate me please on this wheel / paint option?

408D58D6-A9A8-4997-94D3-72A2B3BDA072.jpeg
7F69C251-16BA-4D31-9699-2D1B1998F4C0.jpeg

Wasn’t getting any bites on the (Wheel / tire) thread.. so I’ll try here:

Need some clarification on the body color paint that’s on my 77 NYB Road wheels. Apologies if this thread isn’t the place for this. But I didn’t want to start a thread just for this one question. I put “Ginger” on jack-stands, no tags yet to drive, and took the wheels off to have new shoes put on her.. I’ve read discussions in the pass that body color painted Road Wheels were a 1978 year only option. My car is a 77 and the paint looks factory or dealer installed. I cleaned up the rims, LOVE this color, and courtesy of Murray Park / Trim rings the wheels came out spectacular IMO. Can someone please educate me please on this wheel / paint option?

View attachment 279636 View attachment 279637

The centers aren't painted. They are painted plastic appliques that are held on by the centers. Part #4126615

Mine are '79 Diplomat wheels. 7" wide.

1ycRM9V.jpg

tcjCTUj.jpg

Thx John.. I had them apart to clean them, as you mentioned they are plastic and Gray in color, however mine have been painted, at some point to match the wheels as pictured.. the paint job looks to be factory or dealer IMO, either way! No rattle can job by any means.. so was this in fact a 78 Only option? Or could this have been ordered in 77 or other years? Knowing the cars history, I don’t think these wheels were added to car the match paint color.. You can see the Gray behind the PK6 color.

5376E34D-2979-4AAC-8032-C77E1BA16362.jpeg

@Mr C

Interesting.
M body generation centers...will fit on any road wheel and were painted to accent the car. As mentioned, originally cast in grey plastic, and the part number is above. I can't prove it, but 1979 is the earliest factory documentation I can find the plastic colour keyed dishes...so if this Formal has them, they were likely an add on...enjoy them, paint them argent to look stock or live it up and colour key them.

Oh, and I have 2 sets of these dishes myself...acquired during my road wheel stashing years. In all that time I only managed to get 2 sets of the 15x7s...the rest, the normal thinner variety.

Oh, and I have 2 sets of these dishes myself...acquired during my road wheel stashing years. In all that time I only managed to get 2 sets of the 15x7s...the rest, the normal thinner variety.
Mr. C, any chance you’d be willing to let go of a set of 4? Need them for my 75 Road Wheels.. I know they’re not for the year of car, but I love the way they look.

Back