The French Fury and her new blower motor

Seb'74

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I just purchased a new blower motor, and I have to connect it to the wiring.
On the left, the old one, and on the right, the new one.
20201107_161011.jpg

How can I remove the wires from old connector to re-use the connector on the new motor wires? Is it at least possible? I tried to insert a very small flat screwdriver, but the connector seems very fragile.
Or do I have to purchase a new connector, if yes, any lead appreciated, because in France, there's no way I can find one,
Or in a last solution, can I just cut and weld the old connector with the new wires?
Thanks for your hemp sirs!
Sebastien

For ease of assembly, I would cut off old connection, solder them together and shrink wrap them. Make sure you get the wires right, otherwise it will turn backwards

Thanks @mopar440 ,
I think my reply has not been posted/recorded last Saturday,
I was telling that it was just what I thought do at first, cut and weld old connector with new wires.
thanks for your advice :thankyou:

I just used regular butt connectors to replace several old connections if it needed ease of disconnection or shink sleeves with build in solder if it didn't need to be disconnected.

Just solder the old connector on. Easy as but connector which suck. You can use a butane lighter to do it if you don't have an iron and shrink tube the connection. Thats the professional way its done at dealerships

Hello guys,
I just purchased a new blower motor, and I have to connect it to the wiring.
On the left, the old one, and on the right, the new one.View attachment 413809
How can I remove the wires from old connector to re-use the connector on the new motor wires? Is it at least possible? I tried to insert a very small flat screwdriver, but the connector seems very fragile.
Or do I have to purchase a new connector, if yes, any lead appreciated, because in France, there's no way I can find one,
Or in a last solution, can I just cut and weld the old connector with the new wires?
Thanks for your hemp sirs!
Sebastien
I use a small flat screwdriver, if you look closely you will see a small rectangle in the back of the plastic connector where the wires go in , push the screw driver in all the way and the wire will pull out with the copper connector. Cut the connector off. You can buy the same connectors in blister packs from your local auto electrician you will need a crimper to fit the new connectors, once connected simply push the new connectors in to the original plastic holder till it clicks. I have done this several times.

The orginal terminal is barbed and the barbed must be pushed down to be removed from plug . If you look at the plug from the open end you might be able to see it . Use a small blade to push the barb down and the terminal will pull out .put the terminal on the new motor and bend the barb up so it will hold again in the plug and your done

PLEASE, tell me you meant to say you will solder the wires and not weld them. Do not remove the spades from the connector. Cut the wires long, solder them to the new motor and use shrink tubing. All done! Remember to slide the tubing on before joining the wires. Or, you can get 2 insulated spade connectors and solder them to the new blower wires. Then plug them individually into the female end. This could be helpful if it spins in reverse, then you can easily switch the polarity. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Hi guys, thanks for all your tips, here is the final result :
20201113_172635.jpg
20201113_172749.jpg

Indeed I was speaking of soldering the wires, and not weld them (sorry for my not perfect English), looks pretty good. Next step, put back the blower motor at its location. See you! :D

Back