The Holy Grail of Bratwurst....Miesfeld in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'll share the world's best bratwurst in the world with you. Chuck Miesfeld is a friend of mine and my family and we've been eating his Bratwurst and other meats for over 70 years. Watch the video....it's pretty cool.

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/artic...ill-all-about-bratwurst-video-?nclick_check=1

Here's the website if you want some delivered to your door in Jersey, Phoenix or Florida. If you live close enough (Mike, PhyschoJimmy and maybe Matt) it's a lot cheaper to go there and get it yourself. I believe the house brats are $3.99 lb. Ten lb limit unless you tell em Bob sent you. LOL! They have excellent fresh black Angus beef that was mooing a few hours ago. LOL! They'll also process your wild game for you too. Deer, bear, turkey, pheasant, etc.

http://miesfelds.com/wp/

brat_header.jpg

I am sorry Bob, but the best Bratwurst is only available in germany. The original :))

I am sorry Bob, but the best Bratwurst is only available in germany. The original :))

So who makes the best Brat in germany? < DROOL>

That's exactly what comes through my mind when I read the heading. ;) Even the name is german.

Miesfeld, Klement's, Usinger's are all original immigrants from Germany.

http://www.klements.com/

[h=2]Fresh, Wholesome, Delicious Food[/h]Here in the Midwest, we may not be the trendiest folks, but we do know good food. Fresh. Wholesome. Delicious. We call it butcher block quality- delicious meats and sausage products that are meticulously crafted the way it used to be done in the butcher shops. Located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the center of the sausage universe and Klement's is sausage's shining star!

[h=3]Our Founders[/h]
founders.jpg
When it all began, three brothers; John, George and Ron Klement purchased a small sausage company in a highly European area on Milwaukee's south side started back in 1956 with ambition and family-held recipes from the old country. There was a perfect synergy between the company and it’s customers: The community was eager for the taste of sausage just like the old country and we are able to provide that taste. What was founded would become a signature sausage company. From the humble beginnings with six employees, Klement's has grown from a small sausage kitchen to Milwaukee's largest producer of fine, old fashion sausage products. Klement's was family founded and has been family operated since day one. It's a proud tradition with a dedication to excellence that has helped the business prosper. Today the Klement Sausage Company continues to be operated under the family name with the same ambition and the very same recipes. We’re a throwback and proud of it!
[h=3]Pride in Quality and Freshness[/h]Quality and freshness have always been the center points for the company's success. Klement's products are considerably leaner than the competition. It's a high protein, lower fat product that today's consumers demand. The company's German bratwurst, Italian and Polish sausage have been the main stays of the company from the very beginning. Today there are hundreds of varieties of Klement's products available in homes, delicatessens and in the food service and snack industry. It's this rich history dedicated to quality products that has made Klement's the industry standard in fine, old fashion sausage.
The local flavor of Klement's savory sausage has been enjoyed for generations, at major league ballparks, neighborhood grillouts, and family gatherings for holiday feasts and everyday dinners. Klement's proudly sponsors many local and Midwestern professional sports teams and community events. Included are the Milwaukee Bucks (Bradley Center), Milwaukee Brewers (Miller Park), as well as Summerfest, the World’s Largest Music Festival. Klement's also proudly recognizes the sponsorship of Klement's Famous Racing Sausages™ featured at Miller Park during Milwaukee Brewers home games.

My favorite..... My family has been eating this since 1880.

http://www.usinger.com/

[h=1]How it Began[/h]
history_04.jpg

The Usinger’s story began in Wehen, Germany where young Fred Usinger, an apprentice sausage maker, learned from the best wurstmachers. He came to Milwaukee in the late 1870’s with a pocketful of recipes, $400 in cash and his favorite sausage recipes, which he had learned as an apprentice "wurstmacher" (sausage maker) in Frankfurt. He had ambition, dreams of a better life and the willingness to work hard for it. He went to work for Mrs. Julia Gaertner, a widow who operated a small butcher shop on Third Street. Within a year or so, Usinger had bought out Mrs. Gaertner, married her niece Louise and moved into living quarters above the store.
The young couple worked sixteen to eighteen hours a day making and selling their sausage. Their best customers were saloonkeepers whose trade depended on the quality of their free lunches. As long as their customers relished Usinger's sausages, the saloons paid Usinger's premium price.
At the turn of the century, Milwaukee's German aristocracy did their shopping on Third Street, and the store soon became a popular stop. Before long, the Usinger's were shipping sausage as far away as New York. While business became so good that more help was needed, Fred Usinger kept the growth under control, so he could oversee each step of the sausage making process.
The Usinger’s Milwaukee business grew, and before long, they were shipping their famous sausage across country. Regulation of sausage manufacturers and interstate shipping was in its infancy, and Fred believed those regulations where necessary to protect the industry and consumers. Usinger’s was one of the first Wisconsin sausage companies to seek and be granted Federal Inspection.
The Legacy Lives On: Following the death of company founder Fred Usinger in 1930, his son Fred Jr., oversaw the family business. It was a difficult time – the country was immersed in depression and then war. During this period, Usinger’s Sausage became one of the earliest members of the Better Business Bureau, and is still a member today.
Fredrick Usinger III took over leadership of the company in 1953 and remained at the helm well into the ‘90’s. In 1983, he expanded Usingers’ Third Street plant with an addition built on an adjacent vacant parcel once home to the Metropolitan Building. It was the genial Fredrick who introduced the elves to the world, and gave Usinger’s its current identity.

- See more at: http://www.usinger.com/history/#sthash.qnQFwGsk.dpuf

My Dad's Grandparents are from Frankfurt... immigrated to the U.S. in 1875. My Mother's Parents and sibling's immigrated from Austria in 1932. My Mom is the only one in her family born in the USA.

Tofu balls... ;)

LOL! Ham and turkey for me tomorrow, my vegan cousin is bringing the veggie plate. I might eat a carrot or 2.

Bob back to the post. If I wanted to try out the brats what do recommend? I noticed they have some gift boxes too, I could give myself an early Christmas present.

Last edited:
LOL! Ham and turkey for me tomorrow, my vegan cousin is bringing the veggie plate. I might eat a carrot or 2.

Bob back to the post. If I wanted to try out the brats what do recommend? I noticed they have some gift boxes too, I could give myself an early Christmas present.

I would try these. It's their signature brat and only $3.99 a lb when you go there toget them. I buy 10 lbs every time I'm in Wisconsin. I have a Food saver vacuum bagger and I pack them in dry ice and they stay frozen all the way to Maryland.

brat_grand_champion.jpg

These are great too.....

Swiss and Mushroom, Jalapeno, and the Chipolte Brats...

IMG_0687-1024x681.jpg

Here's a list...

http://miesfelds.com/wp/category/bratwurst/page/3/

Dang it........I forgot to tell you about the cheese.

You have to try this.

It has to be made by Widmar.

http://miesfelds.com/wp/widmers-mild-brick-cheese/

Brick Cheese. It's a cheddar type cheese. Developed in Wisconsin about 100 years ago. It is actually made with a brick squeezing out the water and whey. My family has been eating this ever since it hit the street.

cheese%20017_.jpg

Back