For Sale The infamous 69 Imperial bob hope limo 30k

Status
Not open for further replies.

My65cuda

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
For Sale - 1969 Chrysler Crown Imperial Limo - $80000

There are a few threads about this car on here. I ended up with it over a year ago. The plan was to purchase it from the west coast, fly my Dad and 2 nephews out and make a long trip back stopping at all types of cool museums and shops. Covid hit, wrecked that entire idea. This trip was the only reason I bought the car. With no reversal of shut down in site, I had the car delivered. It took a YEAR for the state to get me a title, which I got today.

I can get a bunch of pictures. To my knowledge not much has changed with the car. It was owned by a board member who can speak to if they want. I'm selling the car at a loss here before putting it up at auction. Hoping for an easier private sell. My July is tough as I have Carlisle and a big show in Detroit to do. I can arrange enclosed delivery within reason of NC.

Please be serious if you reach out. The price is 30k, it will not be lower. I have to clear space. There may be some rare exception where I would take a trade. No muscle cars. Restored wagons I'm weak for. I could do a trade up/down. Thanks for looking!

262BEFEC-DB75-4A3F-A2CA-9C8A7370368F.jpeg

4ED1A612-089D-49EF-9F7C-33D65DC49EB3.jpeg

7648C905-01E0-47CF-92ED-13C0FA6FBB16.jpeg

7858344B-7D01-4807-A0BD-A0A1BBE43CA7.jpeg

What a crazy 10-12 days. I was informed roughly 12 days ago that the documentary on my Dad would be finished on the 4th of July. I had no plans to debut it at Carlisle this year because I had no clue it would be finished this soon. We've been working on it for 2 years. The day after I'm given this info, there were rumors Dodge might have to pull out of Carlisle due to Covid issues and not having a team traveling. They have the area across from us. Sure enough, Dodge pulled back from the event. The past 10 days have been insane as we worked with the amazing people at Carlisle to come up with something for that display area.

On Thursday-Friday-Saturday we'll have 30x80 tent setup across from my normal display, playing the documentary on loop. It will be an open sided tent, so should the weather not cooperate, you can find some shelter over in the midway and watch what I hope, is a really cool movie :). I'll be setup across the road with our usual display. Since we're debuting the documentary here, I changed from an all wagon display to all race car display. To say this was a big shift on our side is an understatement. I've acquired a ton of AV equipment so this can be executed. Instead of bringing up 1 rig and driving 5 cars, we're now bringing up 4 rigs and driving 1 car.

The following week I have to go to CA for something auction wise. Week after we're doing a fancy concourse event in Detroit. They want us to display 2 race cars. We aren't the fancy type, so that should be an interesting event. Lot of planning for the month of July and I'll be glad when it's over haha.

Is the limo two-tone gray, or one shade? I can't tell from the pics. Not a buyer, just curious about the car.

Why did it take so long to get a title?

Because NC is one of the WORST states in the country for getting titles. I'm 14 months waiting on one for a Jeep Postal truck. They just told me yesterday they lost all the paperwork. They came out today to restart the process. They have to inspect it, make sure vin tag is original to the car. That paper work gets sent to another office that has 1 person who rarely does their job of processing and sending out titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back