For Sale The ***** is back. Stan's New Yorker back in FL.. ($10.5K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can't see a car in person, I'll give an offer that gives me room for the things I can't see. My selling point is that I can get someone paid in 24h and cars gone in 48-72h. I might not always make the best offer on a car, but people know if I do, I'm serious and the car will be on a trailer soon. These days, knowing a deal is going through, is more valuable than someone showing up with cash. I put a lot of value on my time. I'd rather sell for "less" and move quickly vs trying to max every dollar and babysit someone. Some buyers you can tell are going to be a pain in the *** post transaction because they're spending at/above their actual limit.

Is this true?

Yeah but you won't be able to flip this one either...

Is it really original aside from the scoops?
1 of 50 is pretty darn rare. My concern especially now after reading some posts is how many people it has been through and what shape it's in currently. I've been on the fence about this one a while but didn't think it was truly a factory 4sp manual car...

Sigh, no factory 4 speeds, and no Hemi 440's. This is Stan's own creation. Well except for the hood scoops. The owner after Stan did that.

yeah chris i would assume. same photos for sure.

my offer was $7000. seller may have thoight i was tirekicker. im not. :)
IMO, you offered twice what she's worth today... guy was a fool not to talk to you.
1 of 50 Factory Limited Edition 4 spd 76 NYB specially built for America's Bicentennial. 440 HP Hemi.
That's not too far off some of the BS floated in the past.
Is it really original aside from the scoops?
1 of 50 is pretty darn rare. My concern especially now after reading some posts is how many people it has been through and what shape it's in currently. I've been on the fence about this one a while but didn't think it was truly a factory 4sp manual car...
Dude... :stop:

better yet, call the flipper, he did something halfassed to the engine and wants to recover that plus a return on his "investment"... ask for documentation for everything else... lots, and lots, and lots of documentation exists for this car... in an afternoon you too could know almost everything about her.

She has a special place in the hearts of a few around here, but has been all but completely destroyed from what she once was. By appearances, she will remain in flipper hell and be passed on to another idiot who couldn't afford the A,B,E body 4-speed of their dreams.

Here's my vote for the biggest bullshit comment in this article.
this car was created by a Mopar nut in Wisconsin, there are videos on you tube, the 440 was VERY strong when he owned it, I’ve seen this car with my own eyes and it is very well done! Who knows if it still is equipped with the engine he built for it, but it does look like it.

my offer was $7000.

IMO, you offered twice what she's worth today... guy was a fool not to talk to you.

Jeff -- my offer had $1,500 premium to try to "stop the GDMF'n flipping".

Zack's photos showed the car was starting to rust from the inside out, (e.g., the welds were bleeding rust, from under the roof, inside door seams down low, etc.

not a rust bucket by any means, but when that starts kinda rust starts its hard to stop even if it stays indoors mostly. Ran strong though, sounded good, shifted fine, guy still had the skirts, etc.

I felt OK with that offer. Seller has (had) obviously higher expectations.

Jeff -- my offer had $1,500 premium to try to "stop the GDMF'n flipping".

Zack's photos showed the car was starting to rust from the inside out, (e.g., the welds were bleeding rust, from under the roof, inside door seams down low, etc.

not a rust bucket by any means, but when that starts kinda rust starts its hard to stop even if it stays indoors mostly. Ran strong though, sounded good, shifted fine, guy still had the skirts, etc.

I felt OK with that offer. Seller has (had) obviously higher expectations.
I know you have the abilities and the heart to have been the savoir of this car... :thumbsup:

I took a bunch of pics of that rust last year at the horse park show (formerly Garlits show). IMO, she'd be a candidate for a full dip to try to kill the rust and start over clean... but what profitless venture that would be, plus paint, plus the 1000 other things to do "while you're there". The budget version of Ospho and try to clean her as best you can would still be negative value improvement, but at least may have stabilized her decline.

My $3500 estimate was taking that into account, as well as having to supply another 440 core to undo whatever has been done to her heart... there are only so many times you can machine the same chunk of iron and call it worth doing.

I figured a $2000 premium was built into my $3500 for sentimental reasons. :rolleyes:

I lost my head for a second and was going to comment on the passenger door being repainted and the missing skirts etc. But then realized who gives a ****.:rofl:

Insanity all around, but not as many folks out as usual... so I guess it's not too far off normal Orlando. :lol:

I hope you and Sammie are finding ways to keep amused. How bad did this get you? Are you still servicing your territory, or did PA deem you non-essential?

Insanity all around, but not as many folks out as usual... so I guess it's not too far off normal Orlando. :lol:

I hope you and Sammie are finding ways to keep amused. How bad did this get you? Are you still servicing your territory, or did PA deem you non-essential?
I just read your other post. Sorry to hear you got laid off. Hang in there my friend. Retired or wealthy folks can afford to shutter in and wait it out, but us working stiffs can't afford that for too long. They just don't understand I guess.

I'm part of the essential list but lost about 1/3-1/2 of my customers. The big 3's dealerships closed up completely in Mansfield, small guys are on call or limited hours. Layoffs got a lot of them, even penn dot shut down one shift. I've been tending to my customers with my suburban once or twice a week for a half day.
I've lost enough money so I'm going back full time next Monday. Car dealerships are opening backup with a skeleton crew tomorrow.
I guess I could've run my route as usual but I'm trying to be patriotic and follow the guide lines, and not be the Typhoid Mary in the county spreading anything around if I caught it. More importantly, I didn't want to bring it home to Sammie. She's susceptible to bronchitis and pneumonia, she spent four days in the hospital last February. This would be a death sentence if I brought it home.

Sammie says hello, a big hug and wishes you the best!

Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back