The Last Demon and Viper Auction at B-J

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
The last Demon and Viper produced are being auctioned for charity at B-J on Saturday June 23, 2018. Wish I had the PowerBall/MegaMillion money...

Final Demon in Viper Red, VIN clarification

35682354_10155566093742344_8157189393950441472_o.jpg

Good luck to the buyer that their value increases. Shame the demon was repainted, somewhat destroying its originality.

Sad part is, if this is your typical charity gig, the car probably got a "Miracle" quality paint job that will last for 6 months or so and start to peel. Anybody that pays a 7 figure price for this car is and idiot with more money than brains.

Dave

Sad part is, if this is your typical charity gig, the car probably got a "Miracle" quality paint job that will last for 6 months or so and start to peel. Anybody that pays a 7 figure price for this car is and idiot with more money than brains.

Dave

Really???

Do you think Mopar would let the last Demon produced and specifically earmarked for charity leave the factory with a shoddy one of one Viper Red paint job that is going to start to peel in 6 months???

I think not!

Really???

Do you think Mopar would let the last Demon produced and specifically earmarked for charity leave the factory with a shoddy one of one Viper Red paint job that is going to start to peel in 6 months???

I think not!

Your point is noted. I have to wonder though, the car started this process as a pristine, last of production new vehicle. To change the color to Viper red and do the job right, the car would have to be completely disassembled, stripped, repainted and reassembled. Have to think that they wound up with something less than what they started with, not to mention altered color codes and an altered Vin number that no longer match.

Dave

I'm sure someone documented the process and I would assume corrected the VIN and any other documentation to match final production results. As far as I know....the car was disassembled and all corrections and complete re-paint was completed before it left the factory.

Now....spending $1 Million on those 2 cars do you drive them?

Now....spending $1 Million on those 2 cars do you drive them?

If obscenely rich, Bill gates, why not. otherwise I would assume they will go into a well heeled collectors stable, think Jay Leno.

Dave

I believe the guy that bought it was standing on the stage when auctioned....could of been an agent for Leno.

If I had the money to buy it....you can bet that I would be driving it.

A 1977 Sage Green Bronco sold for $53,000????

I can't believe how much Bronco's, 67-72 Chevy trucks, and 21 window VW vans are selling for these days.

Back