The Last Imperial

Seems low

I thought so too but here's one that's close with a 609 SPD.

75_CH41_E86_D34_EW1_182179_K_VON_800.jpg

I’d be interested in learning how that was documented. I wonder if it was a trade journal or something like that.

Doug,

The article was published in Collectible Automobile August 2006. Volume 23 Number 2 on pages 66 and 67 by Jeffrey Godshall.

I look forward to seeing the Chrysler Machining Plant in Toledo, Ohio as I pass by on the Ohio Turnpike heading to Wisconsin and when returning to Maryland and knowing someone is in that building making something "MOPAR"!
I know of a someone that worked at the Chrysler plant in Toledo Ohio for 32 yrs, my dad. I've met some of his friends throughout the yrs, all skilled tradesmen, and was always amazed of the amount of knowledge these men possessed. You hear of people calling them just "dumb auto workers" but that's not the case
:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Doug,

The article was published in Collectible Automobile August 2006. Volume 23 Number 2 on pages 66 and 67 by Jeffrey Godshall.

Doug and Formal Owners,

This same magazine issue has a 16 page article on Formal's from Page 60 to Page 75 "Extinction Event: The story of the Full-Sized 1974-78 Chryslers".

Very interesting read....

Word of caution, Do not take any article Jeff Godshall writes as gospel. Interesting? Yes. Opinionated? Absolutely! Factual? Not entirely .... it is up to you to separate truth from fiction

The Imperial was very expensive.It became the NYB in 76 and sold new with fewer standard equipment which dropped the price over 2,000.00 The 76 NYB was a big success.Thankfully Chrysler did that move which was real risky for it,s image but people loved it.The 73 oil embargo hurt chrysler corp. plans.But the full size cars did pretty well considering.B.B

Word of caution, Do not take any article Jeff Godshall writes as gospel. Interesting? Yes. Opinionated? Absolutely! Factual? Not entirely .... it is up to you to separate truth from fiction
Bullshit. Jeff Godshall worked for decades at Chrysler and I knew no one who sang the company song louder and stronger than Jeff. His credentials as an automotive historian are beyond reproach. He left us way too soon and took an unfathomable amount of knowledge with him.

Back