The S/23 Is Now Finally Out Of Paint Prison......

SportFury70

Reaction score
After 4 long months, it is finally done and back home. It looks exactly the same in pictures but looks 1,000 times better in person. Our good friend and member Rob or 1968Chryslers first saw it already and complimented how great and much better it looked. I will try to get better pictures of it in the sun......

S23 done 1.jpg

S23 done 2.jpg

S23 done 3.jpg

S23 done 4.jpg

My fave color combo because I've had a few including '66 Sattelite "Butterscotch" w/black interior and '68 Sport Fury same yellow/black combo.

And btw, that is one bad@ss Ply Mouth!

The power of the 383 was something to behold. Passing, Holy Sh*t, you'd be up to 90 on those skinny bias ply tires in seconds. It was common to take "Mom's boat" out and peg the speedo.

Congratulations, it looks great. I think you were actually pretty lucky to only wait 4 months. A lot of guys have horror stories of years!

Congratulations, it looks great. I think you were actually pretty lucky to only wait 4 months. A lot of guys have horror stories of years!

Thank you very much for the compliment, I really appreciate it. I would say we were VERY lucky too, but we wanted to get it done and ready in time for a special car show that is actually this weekend but unfortunately the car did not make it there because it wasn't running right. We had our Sport Fury convertible getting restored now for a year and a half

Here is the S/23 in most of the sun, I just wish the trees were out of the way. I took this the day we put the car away for the year, so that said I will get more pictures of it better in the sun and at another car show in the spring. As a side note, we took the car to our Mopar clubs last show of the year the first week of October and the car won a Favorite 25 trophy......

s23 sun.jpg

IMG_20221123_115737_9.jpg

Back