The Van Lee Iacocca pitched to Ford before he joined Chrysler

As a former owner of an Aerostar ,I have to admit I LIKED it! Decent gas mileage, comfortable, and you sat up high which I liked
As a former kid whose parents owned a 1986 Aerostar (purchased brand new), it was fun to ride in, but what a PITA to own. I spent too many evenings in the garage with my dad fixing that thing, especially considering it was not very old when it started to fall apart. It also tried to kill my mom with "unintended acceleration" when a sensor failed and the ECU went haywire. It was the only vehicle they ever owned that they traded-in at a dealer. They used it as a trade-in on my grandma's Pontiac 6000, and my mom took grandma's 1986 Monte Carlo.

As a former kid whose parents owned a 1986 Aerostar (purchased brand new), it was fun to ride in, but what a PITA to own. I spent too many evenings in the garage with my dad fixing that thing, especially considering it was not very old when it started to fall apart. It also tried to kill my mom with "unintended acceleration" when a sensor failed and the ECU went haywire. It was the only vehicle they ever owned that they traded-in at a dealer. They used it as a trade-in on my grandma's Pontiac 6000, and my mom took grandma's 1986 Monte Carlo.
Interesting. My Aerostar beyond normal maintenance caused me zero problems. It was also(I’m told by a friend that worked for Ford) somewhat of a oddity Aero star in that it had dual air and heat though it wasn’t an extended van. It would cook or freeze you depending on what you wanted.

Last edited:
Interesting. My Aerostar beyond normal maintenance caused me zero problems. It was also(I’m told by a friend that worked for Ford) somewhat of a oddity Aero star in that it had dual air and heat though it wasn’t an extended van. It would cook or freeze you depending on what you wanted.
Ours didn't have A/C but id did have dual heat, and it wasn't an extended one either. The lines to the rear heater core were made out of cheap aluminum and they rotted out and started leaking after only a few winters. The oil pan rotted and sprang a pinhole leak too.

On the other side of things, Dr. Z and Wolfgang were probably the kids in the candy store while at Chrysler. CBODY67

Eaton and Lutz knuckled under to Kirk Kerkorian's threats of a leveraged buy out. Instead of fighting for Chrysler and standing up to Kerkorian, they ran away to Mercedes. Then Lutz bailed out after helping create the disaster.

Mercedes used Chrysler as a cash cow and by milking Chysler, turned a $30 billion company into a $7 billion company that went bankrupt.

Chrysler was a proud independent American company that Eaton and Lutz nearly destroyed. They're traitors! Low life scum bag cowardly traitors!

**** ROBERT EATON AND BOB LUTZ AND MERCEDES BENZ!!!!!!!!!!!

WALTER P. CHRYSLER WOULD SPIT ON ALL 3 OF THEM AND RIGHTLY SO.

Last edited:
Back