Thinking About Buying This Car

Matt, I just found out I cannot look at it for another 10 days. Prob be gone by then. Will keep you guys posted.
Nobody can go put eyes on it for you? If it checks out, then a deposit to hold it? I dont know where it's at of what the price is but by the responses It seems someone has knowledge of this car. It would be a shame to lose out over simple logistics.

My Dad had a '78 Cordoba for a demo, when he was selling Chryslers back then. His was Ice Blue with grey interior, and had a 360. What a stunning car it was!

Sonnovabitch :BangHead:. I cannot for the life remember what engine I had in my '76' doba. It's getting worse.

That is called The Aging Process Stan.........and I am pretty sure nobody else on the forum is impressed with it either. It sucks!!!

That is called The Aging Process Stan.........and I am pretty sure nobody else on the forum is impressed with it either. It sucks!!!
Mark, I love the car. It's beautiful.
But I don't think this is what you're looking for.

No, but I remember VIVIDLY that day in 1976 and the Dog & Pony show that I and the salesman agonized through.
It was a cloudy, chilly day on a Friday in Fall River, Massachusetts
All that and you cannot remember the engine size! Turn in your car guy card.:poke::mad:
Nice car Mark, good luck.

Mark, I found your car!
One-Owner 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi 5-Speed

This 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi was purchased new by the seller’s grandmother in August 1987 in Coon Rapids, Minnesota and has remained in her possession. The odometer shows less than 37k miles, and power comes from a turbocharged and intercooled 2.6-liter inline-four mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The car reportedly was stored each winter and also was stored from 2012 through 2017. Service in April 2018 included a new fuel pump, new spark plugs, a new oxygen sensor, a new engine computer, and more. This Conquest TSi is now offered on behalf of the owner with a clean Carfax report, service records, the original bill of sale, and a clean Minnesota title in the seller’s grandmother’s name.

1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_15645954148f93aad47a19e2a6cDSC_0594-620x408.jpg

The red exterior paint is complemented by a black leather interior, and imperfections are shown up close in the photo gallery below. The lower air dam was reportedly refinished in 2010 to address cracking on the corners. This example features the trim-specific boxed wide-body fender flares and wrap-around rear spoiler.

1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_156459546793aad47a19e2a6c81fDSC_0599-620x373.jpg

Factory 16″ alloy wheels are shod in Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires measuring 205/55 in front and 225/50 at the rear. The seller notes that the clear coat on the wheels is peeling in spots. Close-up photos of the wheels are offered in the gallery. Four-corner disc brakes and independent rear suspension are also featured.

1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_1562433505495d565ef66eDSC_0526-620x413.jpg

Interior amenities include a sunroof, automatic climate control, and a Mitsubishi Computer Controlled tape deck with nine-band equalizer. The steering wheel features audio controls. Power windows, power locks, and cruise control are also equipped.

1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_1562433535208495d56DSC_0523-620x413.jpg

Factory instrumentation includes a 150-mph speedometer and an 8k-rpm tachometer. TSi examples such as this car also featured a centrally mounted boost gauge. The seller notes that the oil-pressure gauge is currently not functioning and always is spiked to a high reading, even when the car is not running. The six-digit mechanical odometer shows less than 37k miles.

1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_1562433487f9f98764daDSC_0528-620x413.jpg

The turbocharged and intercooled 2.6-liter inline-four sends power through a five-speed manual gearbox to the rear wheels. When new, these G54B engines were rated for 176 horsepower and 223 lb-ft of torque. The car received a service in April 2018 at Champlin Sinclair in Champlin, Minnesota to bring it back to driving condition, and the invoice for the work is shown in the photo gallery. The serviced items included:

• New fuel pump
  • New spark plugs
  • New oxygen sensor
  • New engine computer
  • Repaired and cleaned throttle body
  • Ultrasonic fuel-injector cleaning
  • Repaired intercooler
  • Resolved sticking turbocharger
1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_1562433637cfcd2DSC_0507-620x413.jpg

Additional photos of the vehicle’s underside are presented in the gallery below.

1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_1564589124570615003ba8f878c6Service-Records-1-620x413.jpg

Accompanying paperwork includes service manuals, maintenance records, and inspection reports. The original loan agreement is viewable in the gallery and shows that the seller’s grandmother traded in her 1983 Dodge Challenger toward this Conquest.

1987_chrysler_conquest_tsi_15646038256c5e8f93aad47Conquest-TSI-CarFax-1-511x620.jpg

The Carfax report shows no accidents or other issues along with consistent mileage accumulation and registrations in Minnesota. The seller notes that his grandmother misplaced the title and obtained a new one from the state of Minnesota in 2010 but later found the original title.

Current Bid USD $9,500 by Rooster70
Time Left 6 hours, 30 minutes, 27 seconds *
Ends On Thursday, August 8 at 4:00pm remind me

Mark, I found your car!

This 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi was purchased new by the seller’s grandmother in August 1987 in Coon Rapids, Minnesota and has remained in her possession. The odometer shows less than 37k miles, and power comes from a turbocharged and intercooled 2.6-liter inline-four mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The car reportedly was stored each winter and also was stored from 2012 through 2017. Service in April 2018 included a new fuel pump, new spark plugs, a new oxygen sensor, a new engine computer, and more. This Conquest TSi is now offered on behalf of the owner with a clean Carfax report, service records, the original bill of sale, and a clean Minnesota title in the seller’s grandmother’s name.

View attachment 307606

The red exterior paint is complemented by a black leather interior, and imperfections are shown up close in the photo gallery below. The lower air dam was reportedly refinished in 2010 to address cracking on the corners. This example features the trim-specific boxed wide-body fender flares and wrap-around rear spoiler.

View attachment 307607

Factory 16″ alloy wheels are shod in Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires measuring 205/55 in front and 225/50 at the rear. The seller notes that the clear coat on the wheels is peeling in spots. Close-up photos of the wheels are offered in the gallery. Four-corner disc brakes and independent rear suspension are also featured.

View attachment 307608

Interior amenities include a sunroof, automatic climate control, and a Mitsubishi Computer Controlled tape deck with nine-band equalizer. The steering wheel features audio controls. Power windows, power locks, and cruise control are also equipped.

View attachment 307609

Factory instrumentation includes a 150-mph speedometer and an 8k-rpm tachometer. TSi examples such as this car also featured a centrally mounted boost gauge. The seller notes that the oil-pressure gauge is currently not functioning and always is spiked to a high reading, even when the car is not running. The six-digit mechanical odometer shows less than 37k miles.

View attachment 307610

The turbocharged and intercooled 2.6-liter inline-four sends power through a five-speed manual gearbox to the rear wheels. When new, these G54B engines were rated for 176 horsepower and 223 lb-ft of torque. The car received a service in April 2018 at Champlin Sinclair in Champlin, Minnesota to bring it back to driving condition, and the invoice for the work is shown in the photo gallery. The serviced items included:

• New fuel pump
  • New spark plugs
  • New oxygen sensor
  • New engine computer
  • Repaired and cleaned throttle body
  • Ultrasonic fuel-injector cleaning
  • Repaired intercooler
  • Resolved sticking turbocharger
View attachment 307611

Additional photos of the vehicle’s underside are presented in the gallery below.

View attachment 307612

Accompanying paperwork includes service manuals, maintenance records, and inspection reports. The original loan agreement is viewable in the gallery and shows that the seller’s grandmother traded in her 1983 Dodge Challenger toward this Conquest.

View attachment 307613

The Carfax report shows no accidents or other issues along with consistent mileage accumulation and registrations in Minnesota. The seller notes that his grandmother misplaced the title and obtained a new one from the state of Minnesota in 2010 but later found the original title.

Current Bid USD $9,500 by Rooster70
Time Left 6 hours, 30 minutes, 27 seconds *
Ends On Thursday, August 8 at 4:00pm remind me
Other than price, isn't this what you were looking for?

Back