Three Hundred letters placement..

Stargazer

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I bought used "Three Hundred" letters (1969) from a fellow member on this board. Now to mount them, I would like to know the exact measurements where to place.
Is there any information about this matter? It's not in the service manual..

14400647-1969-chrysler-300-std.jpg

Shouldn't there already be holes in the quarter panel? I can take some measurements and photos tomorrow.

20220529_194232a.jpg

A suggestion if I may, place the letters at the correct distance and angle into a piece of thin cardboard, poking holes with the back points, then use the cardboard as a template to mark each hole on the quarter.

A suggestion if I may, place the letters at the correct distance and angle into a piece of thin cardboard, poking holes with the back points, then use the cardboard as a template to mark each hole on the quarter.
Off course you may! Thanks for your idea. I was thinking of laying the letters upside down in the correct distances and straight. Then lay a piece of see through plexiglass on the letter (pins). And mark the exact point of the pins. Drill those through, and test fit the letters on this template. If good, use the template on the quarterpanel. Temporarely taped to the car. That way I hope to be able to drill the holes in the panel and the drill will not wonder around…

Some kind of template..
Mark pins and then drill Plexiglass. Testfit. Later this week.
Btw. who sells the correct fasteners for these letters?

299A8AC9-714F-43AD-AAFD-FD118666A7EB.jpeg

Hello Guys,

I bought used "Three Hundred" letters (1969) from a fellow member on this board. Now to mount them, I would like to know the exact measurements where to place.

View attachment 576828
Why would you think the location of these letters would be in the service manual. The only document that will show actual location information is the body graphics book. I don't know anyone who has one and I don't think it is being reproduced.

Why would you think the location of these letters would be in the service manual. The only document that will show actual location information is the body graphics book. I don't know anyone who has one and I don't think it is being reproduced.
That might be because I’m probably the least experienced Mopar guy on this forum. And as a Dutchman not aware what is, or is not in American service manuals. Or the existance of body graphic books.

Hello Guys,

View attachment 576828
I thought you would come by to make a simple template from the holes in my car :).

Back