Throttle Cable Question

Maybe I can purchase the 2bbl cable then. I'll go to the parts store and see if they even have them on the shelf. I doubt it, but worth a shot.

If not there you can try Rockauto.com or Bob's fav partsvoice.com I think that's what he uses but ... YOU MUST HAVE THE PART NUMBER !!!!

Last edited:
I don't think they are still available new,haven't found one yet.It would be nice to just be able to buy the ends and be able to make one to suit any length.

I picked up one from Autozone.It's a universal from a company called Spectre.They make all sorts of aftermarket things.It comes with a skinny braided cable that can be cut to length and a braided sleeve that slides over the cable.It also comes with various cable ends for the carb end.That's what I have been using for now but I'd like to find a stock replacement cable if possible.I have a 440 in my 67 NYer and it's real tight trying to get to the point where the cable goes thru the firewall(right behind the cylinder head).

I went from a 383 2 BBl in my 68 fury, to a 440 4BBL. I used the 2bbl throttle cable. It works perfectly......... There's no need to buy a specific 4bbl cable, unless you are going from 318 2bbl to a 318 4bbl. My Dad and I helped a friend of mine swap to a 4bbl on his 318 we added an extension for the cable to reach. I have used some Spectre parts before. Some are good and others I wouldn't waist my money on. With something as important as the throttle cable I would get a good used one, or a new one. The one Bulldog has is perfect for you.........

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here's the link to the longer cable you need. The B Bodies, and C bodies use the same throttle cables. Here's also a link to the high rise intake bracket to keep your kick-down linkage, and throttle cable straight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-LONGE...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338b8abe37

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-383-4...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad123f4a6

Talking about throttle cables,...I need about an inch 1/2 longer cable. I put the RPM on and spacer and the cable is just a hair to short. Do they make any type of extension for this or has anyone run into this before and made something? Car is fine but I have the cable to it's limit.

I agree,the Spectre cable is kinda flimsy and probably one quarter the thickness of the original CBody braided cable,but then again,I think the factory cable was probably way over-engineered.It seems like it's heavy enough gauge to lift an engine.I'm pretty sure Lokar is the next best solution but big $$$.

I agree,the Spectre cable is kinda flimsy and probably one quarter the thickness of the original CBody braided cable,but then again,I think the factory cable was probably way over-engineered.It seems like it's heavy enough gauge to lift an engine.I'm pretty sure Lokar is the next best solution but big $$$.

Mopar has always over engineered,.that why they're badass!

Mopar has always over engineered,.that why they're badass!
All car manufacturers back then over-engineered,not just Mopar.Weight was never a concern because gas was cheap.Style and function was their main concern while designing vehicles back then,not many people were even concerned with the term mpg in those days!

Don't go crazy like I did looking for a stocker. Any kart place or cycle shop that makes cables can replace the inner cable to any length as long as you have the old one or the correct length. I bought a new one from year one that was 1 3/4" too long. A guy at County Cycles in Pinellas Park has the proper cable cutter and the ferrules and the punch to do it. Works like a charm. Just be sure to have the outer casing. Cheers.

Back