Thumb wheel dimmer switch question.

AFAIK a horder collects random mountains of misc junk, don't see any of that in your pictures, you are a connoisseur of all things Mopar!
:lol:
You are also doing a amazing job on that car, I wish I had some of your talents!

Now that you've been suitably stroked ..... save me a dimmer and maybe a clock! :D:D
Stroke away lol A working clock is a RARE find. I have a few that don’t work.

That's ok, I just want the frames and faces so that I can play with upgrading the guts to something that works.

I happen to have one removed all ready
9372148E-EB9E-4FD4-8C39-E33ED6A84208.jpeg
3C596D37-9480-4D13-AE22-A395D1A36FD5.jpeg

I’m in process of making a dash tach I used a clock face , I made a tach decal , Centered and mounted the tach to the back and now I’m searching for a look alike needle. It all takes time
8131C598-D937-4106-BC50-D4D918B7DF66.jpeg
ED176310-0159-4973-929B-C5A718C89624.jpeg

Last edited:
I found a guy that 3D prints the needle so all I have to do is paint it and chrome the centre button and I have stuff for that
B3B18A78-ABFF-42BC-A990-962B19E2162F.png

I absolutely refuse to pay $1000 US for a tach that I can build for under 50 bucks Canadian. It may not be NOS but so far I’m happy with the way it’s turning out

Five hundred dollar clocks, thousand dollar tachs and six hundred dollar washer bottles are just wrong and I refuse to play that game.
:mob:

Look at what there asking for a switch at the Red deer swap meet today. That’s nuts
571C9D97-EFA0-49C7-8F35-47B5E8819D82.jpeg

How did you do that ?
I took some very close pictures of the tach , then I took the clock to a friend of mine that professionally makes decals for Automobiles , pinstripes and such . Then he scanned it to his Computer that runs his decal maker and bingo out comes the decal , it fit perfectly. Now he can make as many as I want.

Last edited:
Five hundred dollar clocks, thousand dollar tachs and six hundred dollar washer bottles are just wrong and I refuse to play that game.
:mob:
I’m totally with you on that I am at the red deer swap meet now I found a few things all ready

I’m totally with you on that I am at the red deer swap meet now I found a few things all ready
I wanted to run up there myself, but my brand new 4 week old grand-daughter has other ideas. I'd forgotten how freaking small they are and how powerful their scream when they want something! I've been assigned to title of "Official Burper"
:lol:

My thumb wheel dimmer looks different than all the ones you guys posted. Maybe this one is a reproduction? Either way, I have no resistance between any of the pins in any way. I'm guessing the rheostat is screwed!

1522013042984140362487.jpg

looks like you can hit up your electronics parts/surplus store and get a replacement potentiometer and solder the new one on

looks like you can hit up your electronics parts/surplus store and get a replacement potentiometer and solder the new one on
That's going to be plan number 1, it's just a 25 ohm pot. Should hopefully be doable!

Marlow that is some cool **** you're doing with this tach! Really like!
It’s been a 24 month process so far I had Englot Auto Trim make the Tach graphics for me. It took a while to mount the tach about 1” lower than where the clock hands were. 24 months : 24 beer in a case coincidence I think not . LOL I work on it when I have time. My vinyl fix guy is fixing the small hole in the dash bezel where the clock knob was. He’s amazing at vinyl,plastic,upholstery work. I’ll take a few pictures when it’s all done.

For anyone following along here's why the lights weren't working anymore! I have an electronics shop trying to source out a 25 ohm potentiometer like this one. Crossing my fingers.

20180326_092905.jpg

20180326_092853.jpg

Back