For Sale tilt wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth every penny. Non collapsible, easily dealt with turn signal arrangement, good condition wheel. Somebody needs to grab that.

In 65 and 66 columns the turn signal cam and switch assemblies were separate, with the switch mounted on the bottom of the column and a cable was run to the cam by the wheel. Easier to service.

I think almost 100% that it's a 66, as the 65 was tilt only. This one also has the telescoping function. It could also be a 67, coz I'm not sure when the collapsible part was mandated. Coulda been Jan 1 of either 67 or 68.

It's most definitely not a 68 because it's a non-collapsible column. Prior for sure.

Turn signal switch at the bottom of the column is a GM piece (AC Delco column), fairly easily sourced through those circles.

Cam assembly under the wheel can be a challenge.

A friend of mine has one in his 66 300.
He paid about that much for it and we tease him mercilessly about it because by the time he had his $150 column rebuilt, new signal switch and the steering wheel restored/rechromed, he had about $2500 in it.

Kevin

It's most definitely not a 68 because it's a non-collapsible column. Prior for sure.

Turn signal switch at the bottom of the column is a GM piece (AC Delco column), fairly easily sourced through those circles.

Cam assembly under the wheel can be a challenge.
I was just going by the steering wheel as that changed for 69.

Kevin

I will agree that the turn signal switch for a 68 tilt/tele is near impossible to find. Mine is broke and I've been looking off and on for three years. I don't even use the functions and would be tempted to switch to a standard column.

I will agree that the turn signal switch for a 68 tilt/tele is near impossible to find. Mine is broke and I've been looking off and on for three years. I don't even use the functions and would be tempted to switch to a standard column.

The column was built by Saginaw, a GM company and I've been told a switch for say a Cadillac will fit but the electrical plug is different so you would have to change the Chrysler plug to the Cadillac plug.

I have no personal experience with this, just stuff I've read. The GM switch is cheap, the Chrysler switch if you can find one will be $400-$500.

Kevin

The column was built by Saginaw, a GM company and I've been told a switch for say a Cadillac will fit but the electrical plug is different so you would have to change the Chrysler plug to the Cadillac plug.

I have no personal experience with this, just stuff I've read. The GM switch is cheap, the Chrysler switch if you can find one will be $400-$500.

Kevin
Interesting, I may have to start looking for one of them.

When you say switch, are you referring to the switch at the bottom or the cam assemblies? The bottom switch is a GM switch and uses a Mopar pigtail that connects the column to the Mopar harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back