tire idea

hotpursuit

Reaction score
Idea for modern, yet meaty blackwall tires that should look good on C-bodies: Yokohama AVID Touring-S 235/75R-15.

That's the size currently on my 70 Polara with road wheels but with white walls. What's special about the Yokohamas?

Idea for modern, yet meaty blackwall tires that should look good on C-bodies: Yokohama AVID Touring-S 235/75R-15.

Those Yokohama AVID tires are great tires. I just put the second set of them on SWMBO's Lincoln. They ride smooth and quiet, and I got over 60K on the previous set.

Last edited:
Gotcha. I thought you were implying they are an inferior product. I got some that came with rims I bought for my Dart. New and I hope they fit. If not I guess I have spares for the Polara!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_Tire_&_Rubber_Company
It's a good company, with head quarters in Ohio. In a past life I sold trailers of them. I don't remember any problems with defects. The best tire imo is a Michelin. They are expensive however. If your in front of a set of tires to compare, lay them flat on the ground. Then step on them, like a kid would do. If the tire (loose-non mounted) buckles, your standing on a el cheap ba$tard special. Most of the cost in making a tire goes into the casing.

X2 on the Michelins best tires a lot of money can buy and will wear flat and true, no cupping, rolling the edges off, broken belts without holes, they blow up without a cheater bottle. Buy them, cap them twice and there is a tire you got your $ out of.

I think the issue is that if you want a whitewall, you are looking only at the Cooper or the Mastercraft (same tire, I think). If you just want a 235/75 R15, there are lots of options, and the Yokohama is a good example of it.

Or are there other whitewall options out there in that size (I know, OP specified blackwall, but the comment of comparing to Coopers got me on this tangent)?

Back