tire size..

widowmakker

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty determining what size tires were originally on my car.. were there multiple tire sizes on the 70 polara verts..?

i have radials on mine too but every place i inquire about them tell me those tires are for trucks thank you for clearing that up..

I either have 235 70s or 75s, not sure off hand

255646 2006 left front.jpg

Freds car above

and mine below

187134 2014 boat house 1.jpg

255646 2006 left front.jpg

187134 2014 boat house 1.jpg

Your build sheet will have the answer (if you have it). Otherwise, your rim sizes will limit the options if you look up the factory options. Of course, a time machine would help; if you find one (a time machine that is), I'd sure like to borrow it.

His sheet is toast, mostly eaten toast. You know that piece that is left on the plate at the diner? That is what is left of his build sheet

Last time I shook the bushes for narrow W/W P235/75/15 18 months ago I came up with only one Manufacturer still playing in the 15" game: TOYO 105S TO EXTENSA A/S WS @ $96.00 X 4 + labor and sale tax = $478.44 and on your way, Jer

I get a lot of compliments on the tires on the convertible photoed above. They are Good years with a nice sidewall appearance. Damn it.........

Found this thread and thought I'd update the info during a coffee break. As of 2018, Cooper --> Mastercraft:

Update on Cooper 235/75-15 whitewalls.

When I bought my car, the first things I replaced were the tires. After much reading, I got Hankook Optimo H724 | P225/75R15 whitewalls. They match the OEM size and look good. Based on the first 250 miles with them (all in the dry), they ride well and handle well.

Found this thread and thought I'd update the info during a coffee break. As of 2018, Cooper --> Mastercraft:

Update on Cooper 235/75-15 whitewalls.

When I bought my car, the first things I replaced were the tires. After much reading, I got Hankook Optimo H724 | P225/75R15 whitewalls. They match the OEM size and look good. Based on the first 250 miles with them (all in the dry), they ride well and handle well.

Looks like the marketing department has changed things again:

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/cooper-trendsetter-se/p/27594

Although Discount Tire shows these as 'Out of Stock', it appears WalMart has them.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cooper-Trendsetter-SE-105S-Tire-P235-75R15/47405913

The Walmart illustration shows a black wall, but the tire is a whitewall.

And if you must, Amazon has them too:

https://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Trend...eywords=cooper+trendsetter+se#customerReviews

Last edited:
I get a lot of compliments on the tires on the convertible photoed above. They are Good years with a nice sidewall appearance. Damn it.........

Does Goodyear still make a skinny white wall? I thought they discontinued them a while ago...

I think the only "off the shelf" choices these days are Cooper Trendsetter, Toyo Extensa, and Hankook Optimo all in the range of roughly $100 per tire. In addition to the specialty brands - Diamondbacks ($250+), Coker, and American Classic ($150+).

Does Goodyear still make a skinny white wall? I thought they discontinued them a while ago...

I think the only "off the shelf" choices these days are Cooper Trendsetter, Toyo Extensa, and Hankook Optimo all in the range of roughly $100 per tire. In addition to the specialty brands - Diamondbacks ($250+), Coker, and American Classic ($150+).

Don't know, I bought those 14 years ago.

Back