Took a cool pic?

Banff National Park, summer of 2019.

I only get partial credit for this. Per the thread "rules", I didn't take these pics.:(

I was supposed to be on this trip -- with my oldest daughter and her then fiancé's family.

My date bagged it last minute, so I wasn't gonna be "that guy" as a fifth wheel and embarrass my daughter.

Anyway, this pics were taken by my daughter -- for me. :)

I had them framed..my meager contribution.

AAAA.jpg
BBBB.jpg
CCCC.jpg
DDDD.jpg
EEEE.jpg

Man, I miss working on the front range sometimes. Those skies looking toward the rockies are so awesome!

ST is one of my favorite bands that I've never seen live. If I ever get a chance I've got a blue flannel shirt ready to go!
I went on stage twice during the second show on shiprocked. Mike invited us up. google shiprocked if interested.
Those guys put on one of the all time liveliest shows ever!!
Mike is someone I actually look up to in a way. His music is incredible, Lyric wise. Sure the noise is awesome, but the lyrics and the lessons that Mike likes to tell and teach are just incredible.
Be who you are. Believe in yourself.

Here is Mike with his two boys at the second show.
Ben took my information as I help folks with physical problems and he wants his mother to talk to me. I'm hoping I get to become friends with Ben's mother. Freakin crazy really. Ben Weinman, from dillinger escape plan. What a line up in ST now. Should be some video of me praising Trujilo on stage as he pounds that bass. Same with the drummer. He is Marilyn Manson's drummer and plays for a huge array of large bands. Wish it was Dave L. still
Dave handed me his drum stick while I was on stage 3 years ago. Straight from his hands. Phenomenal drummer.

20230127_212859.jpg

Storm coming in.

Looking NORTH, about 40 miles away is where radar shows a little "pop-up" cell. Its light rain there, but a severe thunderstorm watch was issued SOUTH (where I took this pic from, about 8 pm).

By the time these/other clouds showed up where I took pic from, it was raining like hell. Sun hadn't set but there was NO blue sky left.

About a hour later, SOUTHEAST of me, a tornado warning came outta the unsettled, humid air 200 miles all around where I was.

Just like they (i.e., the weather kids) predicted 12 hours earlier - when there was NOT a cloud in the sky (but the air hung on ya like a wet blanket - dew point over 60 degrees at 8 am))

Stated another way, it wasnt a "line" of storms (probably NOT this storm I took pic of) as much as it was an "area" with atmospheric conditions that allowed them to "pop-up" and get really strong, really fast.

Phillips-66AE.jpg

I drive past this place all the time and finally pulled in for a photo op. It used to be a hanger at an airstrip used by crop dusters here in the Phoenix area. As you can see in the background a housing subdivision has taken over the site as has happened to a lot of the farmland in the area. I figured l'd get pictures before it becomes a bunch of cookie cutter homes.
20230621_170302.jpg
20230621_170242.jpg
20230621_170228.jpg

I drive past this place all the time and finally pulled in for a photo op. It used to be a hanger at an airstrip used by crop dusters here in the Phoenix area. As you can see in the background a housing subdivision has taken over the site as has happened to a lot of the farmland in the area. I figured l'd get pictures before it becomes a bunch of cookie cutter homes.
View attachment 603611View attachment 603612View attachment 603613
Drive a little further north and snap a pic in front of the Chrysler proving grounds, Chris!

.. another "pop-up" summer storm just ended, and the "lights' came back on ... :)

(didnt get a wide/clear enough shot, but this was a double-rainbow (green arrow). actually was quite striking)

Phillips-66AE.jpg
LARA Renewal Confirmation.jpg

Last edited:
Back