Took my Grand-Niece for some rides!

Snotty

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
On October 6, my Sister, her ex-Husband, her daughter and son-in-law, and her two grandchildren came to Fresno for a 3-day visit. My Niece, Alice, loves cars, and goes to shows with her granddad. She was looking forward to seeing my Newport and Gremlin!

So, I didn't let her down! I took her for rides in both. Her dad, Bryan, asked her which she liked better. While she liked the speed of the Gremlin, she chose the Newport! Yay! Her dad said she really likes ragtops.

Her Mom, who took these pictures, said, "You know, my Dad has 5 grandchildren; 4 boys and 1 girl. Only the girl is interested in cars!" Alice's brother, Dezmond, stayed in the house. He could not care less!

By the way, Grandad, Mike, is the guy I go to Hot August Nights with every year. We've been friends since Junior High. He and my Sister are divorced, but they have stayed good friends, for which I am glad.

image000001(2).jpg

image000000(3).jpg

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000003(1).jpg

image000004.jpg

image000000(1).jpg

That right there is what life is all about. In our house we talk about ‘core memories’ with our kids often. My daughter LOVES our ‘68 300 convertible. The day she got her license she finally got to drive it. When we were done cruising she turned to me and said “dad, that was a core memory”.

IMG_2451.jpeg

IMG_2449.jpeg

It’s moments like that, that create new enthusiast to keep our beloved hobby alive for the next generation.. nice work gentlemen. Thank you.

Back