Took the NYBS to the vo-tech today...

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
...to let my son's class take the tires off the cop wheels, and remount them on the correct Salon wheels. I kept the centers, rings and turbines off intentionally, so my son and I can put those on at home. It's hard enough to keep a high-schooler's attention for more than a few seconds, as it is. I wasn't about to trust them to properly attach the turbines or the caps. My friend is the instructor, and has been for nearly 18 years now. My son is in the adult program, but since he is the only adult in the a.m., he is in there with the kiddies. Nice thing is he gets a bit of autonomy in the shop!

The kids were pretty amazed at the sheer size of the New Yorker! It loomed large up on the rack, next to my friend's '67 GTX, which he keeps at the school. My son ran herd on the kids that were working on the car, and they did a good job.

The caps are polished and the turbines are painted. The only thing is that the original chrome lugnuts are pretty corroded and need to be replaced, in order to match the "new-ness" of the rest of the wheel! Anyone know where I might be able to find these new??? The local wheel store has very nice chrome nuts, but they are too short and do not match the original shape of the Chrysler bits.

I bought mine from Summit and they were damn close to the originals.
Only Mr C may have caught them when installed.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back