Torsion bars for '67 Fury III

John Reddie

Reaction score
I am replacing the stub frame on my '67 Fury III 4 door hardtop due to the present one getting bent in an accident. My replacement frame is in good condition and I have put in upper and lower control arms with strut rod bushings and torsion bars. I will add shocks before the installation. Right now the bars are not adjusted and my question is - should I tighten the adjustment bolts with the car jacked up and wheels off of the ground or with the wheels on the ground and the car weight on the bars. Thank you for any info here.
John R

I am replacing the stub frame on my '67 Fury III 4 door hardtop due to the present one getting bent in an accident. My replacement frame is in good condition and I have put in upper and lower control arms with strut rod bushings and torsion bars. I will add shocks before the installation. Right now the bars are not adjusted and my question is - should I tighten the adjustment bolts with the car jacked up and wheels off of the ground or with the wheels on the ground and the car weight on the bars. Thank you for any info here.
John R
Hey John,
I found an original used shop manual for my car on ebay for very little money. It details everything.

BAD8F42D-21D9-49FC-B958-548D8915B5B9.jpeg

Thanks guys for the input. I actually have a factory shop manual that I bought 50 years ago from Chrysler for the 1967 model cars. I just wanted to be doubly sure that I adjust the bars correctly. Thank you again.

Back