Tranny Help for my 65

mopar Joe 65

Reaction score
Looking for advice on my trans mount , i have a 65 plymouth fury the motor and trans i have for it is a 68 383 4bl. 727 tf , the tailshaft has a tab on it with 2 holes for the mount and the 65 trans has a flat pad on it, do they make a mount that fits the 68 ? I dont want to change the tail shaft if i dont have to ? That might be my best option ? Will the tailshafts interchange ? Any help would be welcome.

To add to this post here is a photo of what i want to adapt.

20181105_134139.jpg

Also i was wondering if the tab with the 2 holes is where the mount attaches ? Also what does the mount look like ? If i had a mount to fit the tailshaft maybe i could make something ?

Thanks for the photo i was looking at some other photos and realized the tab with the holes has nothing to do with the mount, the mount bolts behind that. Anyway would that mount work with my cross member ?

Thanks for the photo i was looking at some other photos and realized the tab with the holes has nothing to do with the mount, the mount bolts behind that. Anyway would that mount work with my cross member ?

That's the '65 mount so yes, it will work with the '65 cross member but I do not know if it will bolt up to the '68 727.

This is the '66-'68 mount. I think the only difference is one mounting stud vs two on the '65 mount so this should work with the '65 cross member but I am not 100% sure. I would try calling Imperial Services (where I got the photos; www.imperialservices.net) and review what you are trying to do. They may be able to offer some insight.

IS-103.jpg

Thanks alot for the info i should be able to find out something from that ? If i could find my old 65 mount i could see if it was anywhere close to fitting .anyway if i have to make something i dont think i will change the tailshaft, thanks again for the help.

Thanks alot for the info i should be able to find out something from that ? If i could find my old 65 mount i could see if it was anywhere close to fitting .anyway if i have to make something i dont think i will change the tailshaft, thanks again for the help.

If memory serves me correct, you should be able to get the '66-'68 mount off the shelf at parts store. The '65 was a one year only mount and do not think it will bolt up to the later trans.

Sure enough...

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/.../1968/chrysler/300?q=transmission+mount&pos=0

Back