WANTED Transmission Cover A-727-B for big block 383/ around Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi.
I'm looking for a transmission cover for my 70 Chrysler with a 383 big block. Only around Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks

IMG_20191017_133356.jpg

IMG_20191017_135201.jpg

IMG_20191017_135103.jpg

I'm just guessing from your picture, but do you mean you need the oil pan? If so, any 727 pan will work.
I'm too far from there to help you but it should be very easy to find.

Bit of a language barrier here but I think maybe you are right. He's looking for the case maybe??

You will most likely have to obtain an intact 727 core if you just want the case.

Maybe Steve has one? He's just east of LA.....

@saforwardlook

What I have ended up doing over the years is only keeping good used transmissions that are complete in the interest of conserving storage space. What I do in case I need one or a few transmission parts is rely on used transmisson supply houses that are located throughout the Los Angeles area. If you have a friend in the Los Angeles area that you are relying on to get a case such as it appears you need (and put it in a container headed to Europe), I would recommend he search with google for a used transmission supply house in his direct area and look for ones with very good customer service ratings. They most surely have a 727 or other transmission case available and it would be most convenient for the person you are relying on too.

For example, in my area I have used:

Auto Matic Kings
4.9 (15) · Transmission shop
Riverside, CA

They have a high rating (4.9/5.0) with 15 reviews and I have found them pretty good. There should be a highly rated such warehouse anywhere in the Los Angeles area.

That's the accumulator it helps soften the shift. You block them or pull the spring and let it ride on the bottom will firm up you shift. I would just blend out the scratches with some very fine sandpaper and leave it. If it were to bleed by a tiny bit it would cause no harm.

I agree its still very much usable. But if it makes you feel better to replace, its your car and money.

That's the accumulator it helps soften the shift. You block them or pull the spring and let it ride on the bottom will firm up you shift. I would just blend out the scratches with some very fine sandpaper and leave it. If it were to bleed by a tiny bit it would cause no harm.

Those "scratches" are not unusual to find on these transmission cases, but as Dave said, they really don't affect much even if the seal rings leak slightly. I would just go ahead and reuse it and save yourself a lot of hassle and expense. Most 727 transmissions I have rebuilt have some scratches in that area with no effect - I just use some crocus cloth and smooth them out and move on. And I am usually very fussy about doing things right, but this issue is not a significant one IMO. Dress the scratches up a little and move forward................ this is not like a cylinder bore in an engine where such stuff would need to be addressed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back