Found transmission crossmember 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanW

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, I am looking for a transmission crossmember for my 69 Fury 2 Door as you can see . I found one on ebay, but the description says it only fits 4 door sedans or wagons. Is there really a different transmission crossmember for the fuselage cars?

IMG_0192.jpeg

Hi, I am looking for a transmission crossmember for my 69 Fury 2 Door as you can see . I found one on ebay, but the description says it only fits 4 door sedans or wagons. Is there really a different transmission crossmember for the fuselage cars?

View attachment 651441
The transmission mount portion of the cross member is the same 2-door and 4-door for 1969. 1966-1968 will most likely work.
The area that this part bolts into is part of the subframe. You need a qualified welder in Germany to help you fix your front subframe (stubframe). Either that or shipping a different subframe which is cost prohibitive.
Example of early non-insulated front subframe (what you have)
Thanks @Samplingman
1970 conv stub frame.JPG

Hi samplingman, thanks for your advice. I got an offer from a member so that i can close this thread. A qualified welder for frame repairs do i have over here. Best wishes, Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back