Travelers

opus65

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
Hoping this be the place to post this.
Have a Forward Looker wanting an intake and carb set. I am in Indiana and he is in San Diego. Is anyone headed to the west coast for the holidays? I can get the parts to
Iowa, maybe southern Minnesota if that helps. Shipping cast iron is pretty prohibitive. I have looked at the normal UPS, USPS, FEDEX. They were right in there with Fastenal, and Greyhound are right in the range of UPS. Pretty pricey all. Just trying to help someone get a project closer to the road.
Thanks all,
Merry Christmas.
Opus65

Hate to say it, but the buyer has to pay for shipping not you. All you have to do is pack it up real good and do the shipping insurance no matter what

jct, totally understand your statement. In the past I have transported other peoples parts to a client that was on the way to somewhere I was already going. I got a little remittance out of the deal and two guys got what they needed. This time the shoes are on other feet. I really could use the small sum I can make from this sale and I understand the buyer not wanting to, or maybe really can't, afford the shipping. Would be nice to see another Forward Look hit the streets. IMHO Thanks for the input.

I'm not traveling out there but you may want to give a timeframe on when you/he needs the parts. Maybe you can pay someone to pick them up for you to be delivered at a later date.

Hell, a year from now I’ll make that delivery for nothing. Day after I retire I’m making the epic road trip out west.

You can always factor in the shipping costs in with the price of the parts you are selling

I shipped a 300# engine on a crate from Ft. Worth Texas to central PA for $180 with Fastenal. UPS wanted $650. I can't believe Fastenal couldn't do better than UPS or FedEx.

Thanks all. You guys are great. Yes, Fastenal was a whole $12 cheaper. I also have a lot more involved in making a suitable crate that a fork truck will handle.
I have always stated my part prices and added shipping costs. Simple. Sometimes it just doesn't become appealing when shipping costs more than the parts. Been there done that, professionally and personally. Kinda the same reason I don't have a Valiant wagon project on the property. Cost of getting everything involved in the deal moved was putting me in a position financially it just couldn't be rationalized.
The time option had many moving parts. I figured some might be travelling for the Holidays. Most of my family is. Part of that family was going to Iowa, hence the possibility of being two states closer to the coast. If anyone has the ambition of going to lower California in the next month or two, I would certainly welcome your help if the buyer has the time to wait. I would have to work that out at that time.
Rapidtrans, hopin' that works out for ya!
Thanks all.
Hope all of you have your families around you for the Holidays.

Next fall, if it will fit in the trunk of a BMW.

not sure about the weight, but i've had good luck with greyhound package express
Home

Back